🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to get the response from client when you ...
Page options
gkdeveloper
Community Member

How to get the response from client when you have no job scored?

Hello there,

I am not new here, I had sent many proposals but never get the response from the client.

Below tricks, I've already tried but never succeed.

1) Sometimes, I've spent more than an hour to write the exact solution client wants.

2) I have added all previous work to the portfolio section.

3) Added my words on the description on my profile.

4) Took tests and got the position in 30% top rated category.

5) I even tried by bidding less than the client budget.

6) I solved client problem and made a video with Fix and sent within the proposal, still didn't get the response.

What else could I do to get the first Job?

Please Suggest your best.

PS: You can't see my profile because UpWork community made it private because I didn't earn in a while.

6 REPLIES 6
arman_sahriar
Community Member

• try to make small cover later(5-8 line) not big. And it contains that client wants.
  • try to start with Hello, Dear Hiring Manager, Sir
  • finish with thanks!
  • Sending quickly proposal when appearing in job feed.
  • You can use freelancer plus you can submit more proposal
  • Don't upset, You will get a job if you have enough skill
  • Best of luck
yitwail
Community Member

@Govind K wrote:

Hello there,

I am not new here, I had sent many proposals but never get the response from the client.

Below tricks, I've already tried but never succeed.

1) Sometimes, I've spent more than an hour to write the exact solution client wants.

6) I solved client problem and made a video with Fix and sent within the proposal, still didn't get the response.

Govind, we don't know what you do, since we can't see your profile, but if you do all or most of the work required by a client and send it to the client before you're hired, then the client has no reason to hire you or anyone else.

Thanks for replying, I am not always giving solution within the proposal, I have done that because I wanted to check that at least by doing this will I get the response from the client or not.  

I am WordPress Developer with 4+ years of experience.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Govind, 

Other than the tips posted by other members, you may also want to check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork:

17 Tips for Boosting Your Success on Upwork

How to Create a Proposal That Wins Jobs

~ Avery
Upwork
gkdeveloper
Community Member

Finally, I got two JOBs, I would like to advise all of the newbies here,  stay yourself motivated and keep sending the proposals and make sure it shouldn't be copied from somewhere, instead use your own words which must be related to the client's problem.

If possible get the client name from the previous reviews list and mention it inside your cover letter with proper manner, it will surprise the client and make your proposal a little bit attractive 😉

All the best. 

Hi, I send many proposals but client didn't respond or only interviews even after a week and didn't hire anyone 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths