🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to get work on UPWORK
Page options
092e4a6d
Community Member

How to get work on UPWORK

My name is Chirag Pansara and I live in the Country of India in the state of Gujarat in the city of Jamnagar. I have been working as a graphic designer for the last 15 years. Here is my office (Jamnagar) but less work. My Job is visiting cards, bill books, banners, poster, sticker etc. I really need money so I created a profile in UPWORK. Because I know that UPWORK is a very good platform and earns good money I have been searching for a job in UPWORK for the last 3 months but I have got only 1 job. I send about 5 proposals every day but the client only does interviews and no one does HIRE. I mean so far I have sent a total of 5 x 30 x 90 = total 450 proposals. I'm tired, I can't sleep. What to do ? Please help The Senior Freelancer. I need money.

I also want to be a Top Rated Freelancer in UPWORK.

Please help me.

Thanks

Chirag

25 REPLIES 25
wylan
Community Member

Based on my experience:

• Build up your profile and portfolio
  • Send proposals to jobs you think you can do (check also "Preferred qualifications" indicated)
  • Write a better cover letter
  • As you are starting, try to lower your bid but not too cheap
75f7010a
Community Member

You shared the most important information. Thank you! 🙂

092e4a6d
Community Member

Thank you Wylan for your great experience shared with me.

092e4a6d
Community Member

Wylan

My profile is 100% complete and also My portfolio complete.

I proposal according to my qualifications

I also write short and good cover letter

And keep the price low
Even then no HIRE does

PLEASE HELP ME

Hey Christine 

My solution not done

What do you expect as a solution?

I want to work but can't find it. What to do

You have received a lot of advice on the other thread you started.

What steps have you taken to implement it? Especially what Christine said. 

Yes Martina 

I followed the advice but did not get the result

What is different? I don't see any changes. 

Almost everything about your profile is faulty.

First, your profile headline says "Fastest Graphics Designer... and whatever". Change it to something minimalistic but effective like "Senior Graphics Designer", or "Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator Expert".

Second, your introduction. It is quite shallow and just states "15 years of experience" and a long list of services you provide. An average client will not consider it.

Also, stating "Unlimited FREE Revisions" in your profile makes you seem cheap. I know you're doing this because of desperation, but still.

Third, your portfolios. Follow the instructions other community members have stated and change them accordingly. And make sure, they are actually yours.

Fourth, remove the mention of data entry from your profile and entirely focus on Graphics designing.

Fifth, your Employment history and Other experiences state nothing. Change them now if you have any employment history and any other experiences.

Sixth, Work on your English.

----------

If you're having financial problems and are in need of money, I would recommend looking out for a full-time job. Being able to get even a minimum wage out of working as a freelancer here on Upwork seems unlikely for you. Still, make sure to implement the points I have noted.

Hope it helps.

Thank you Sushant for your great reply shared with me.

Thank you Martina 

Thank you Christine for your answer shared with me.

Hi, nice to "meet" you all : ) I'm new to Upwork (3 months) and getting the hang of all the ins and outs I believe. My specialty is Graphic Designing. I have applied to many proposal. Three clients replied with a message. I use quite a lot of time to construct the Cover Letters and I try to customize these letters as much as possible to the job and client in question. I find it very difficult to keep my spirits up in trying to designing interesting jobs. The jobs I apply for are what I do best, so I'm exited for the jobs I apply for. How can I improve myself to do better on Upwork? Does someone have good advice on how to get my average of positive reactions to my proposals up?     Cheers, Chirag

I shared a LOT of things with you in the prior thread but you haven't implemented any of them. Yet. Your Introduction now seems blander than it did before by the way.

I will again suggest you try out for a full-time job.

My profile is 100% complete

😞😣😖

Chirag P wrote:
My profile is 100% complete

We have given you all the possible advice, but it seems that you do not want to listen.
You've changed your presentation a bit, but you still don't want to touch your portfolio.**Edited for Community Guidelines**
If as you say you have 15 years of experience, you have to have enough works**Edited for Community Guidelines** to fill the portfolio.

The same thing is also happening with me..

AndreaG

Hi all,

A number of posts on this thread have been removed. Public accusations of misconduct, incompetence, or other wrongdoing are not allowed in this Community and will be removed. Posting in the Community forums is not the course of action to report violations. We encourage users to use flagging tools available on the site to report any suspicious content or activity directly to our Trust & Safety team privately instead. 

~Andrea
Upwork

Andrea G wrote:

Hi all,

A number of posts on this thread have been removed. Public accusations of misconduct, incompetence, or other wrongdoing are not allowed in this Community and will be removed. Posting in the Community forums is not the course of action to report violations. We encourage users to use flagging tools available on the site to report any suspicious content or activity directly to our Trust & Safety team privately instead. 

Hi Andrea,
Rest assured that we flag the portfolios, but I can also tell you that, of those that I have marked, many are still there, even with complaints from the original authors.
I've tried to bring this to OP's attention in a gentle way, but to no avail.
You don't allow "misconduct, incompetence, or other wrongdoing" to be called attention to, but if we don't do it here, what do we do? Flag the portfolios is useless.

sofist
Community Member

Did you get a job at last my friend. I also new here. 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths