🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to handle a client who is trying to sched...
Page options
a682cada
Community Member

How to handle a client who is trying to schedule a meet outside the Upwork platform?

Hi,

I was scheduled to have an interview with one of my clients. However, When it was time the client first asked me to send him the meeting room link and then suggested "Google meet" and "WhatsApp" as he found the link I sent to be invalid.

Can peers tell me whether or not it is a legitimate call? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vworthy28
Community Member

It could have been a valid attempt. But, there's really no reason they can't meet with you on Upwork. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vworthy28
Community Member

It could have been a valid attempt. But, there's really no reason they can't meet with you on Upwork. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

Always be polite, no matter what.

Always communicate in a professional manner.

But that doesn't mean you always say "yes" to every request.

If somebody wants to meet with you OFF-platform, then you invite them to meet with you using the Upwork Messages tool until you have been officially hired with an Upwork platform.

If they don't do that, then you can report them using the "Flag as inappropriate" link button on the job posting page.

a682cada
Community Member

Hi Preston,

Thank you very much for the update on how Upwork allows freelancers to meet with the client outside the platform. If this is what you have said, then It is mandatory to have all the conversations related to the project inside the platform till a contract has been signed.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths