🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to handle rejection from clients
Page options
8e30a943
Community Member

How to handle rejection from clients

Can you give me some tips how to handle ghosting and rejection from clients?

3 REPLIES 3
mydhir
Community Member

Hello!

Customer rejection can be overwhelming and very sad in some cases. However, it is an opportunity to learn how you can improve.

Some tips I give you to increase the chances of success and avoid customer rejection are: 👇

1. 👉  Start looking for jobs you are passionate about.
2. 👉  Only bid for jobs that are simple for you.
3. 👉  Find jobs that are in low demand for freelancers. (They usually tend to be "Low Price").
4. 👉  Prepare an excellent presentation and have it as a "Copy & Page" so that you can always have it at hand and not waste time writing your presentation.
5. 👉  Read very carefully what your client is looking for.
6. 👉  Invent! Yes, sometimes a little white lie can help us win a job opportunity. Of course, do not invent that you are a NASA technician.
7. 👉  Show your motivation! A motivated worker will attract a lot of attention from any client, I assure you.
8. 👉  Add some icons in your presentation. Why? I don't know, but they look nice. LOL
9. 👉  Add examples in your presentation. They can be images, statistics, documents, etc.

Best regards 🙂

be9f2b4b
Community Member

be patient, think that your opportunity will come and it will be amazing, if it didn't happen for a reason it was but you don't stop trying and look for better opportunities every day and don't waste your connections with any proposal, analyze the client and their comments.

fgaussorg
Community Member

Generally, I ask them reason for rejection, may be about 20-30% will reply and this is useful to adjust your profile/price according to market.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths