amitraj4u

How to improve my JSS

Hi There,

I’m Amit Das, a new comer here. I’m an independent freelancer on Upwork.
Everything was okay till the half of the last month. I was getting responses from my client and getting jobs . But suddenly my JSS score dropped to 80% from 97% and since then it’s difficult for me to get the response from clients and getting jobs. So now situation is very difficult for me.

I have tried a few things to improve my JSS like I have close downs couple of contracts etc but it is still at the same position, no improvement. I’m fully dependent on Upwork So I’m worried a bit .

It would be really helpful for me if you please suggest me some steps or initiatives which may lead some improvement on my JSS.

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards
Amit

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r

You've had some poor feedback in the last few weeks, even one of your 5 star feedbacks comes with poor feedback so the private feedback, which is generally much more honest, will likely be poor too.

All you can do to raise your JSS is to make sure you deliver excellent results, every time.

Hi Petra,

Nice to hear you.

So my JSS dropped because of poor feedback from client. All of my clients provided 5 star rating except one client who provided 3.4. Rest of all are 5 star.

And after that, in last 4 weeks I have completed 4 to 5 jobs and all of them provided 5 star rating then why my JSS hasn't improved ?

Any idea?

Kind Regards
Amit

Amit, two key words in Petra's post are PRIVATE FEEDBACK.  If you're not familiar with it, I suggest you search and read about it and also about JSS.  There's a wealth of information within "Help and Support" and within this Community.  All one has to do is enter the search term(s) and read tons of information regarding the subjects.   

Hi Petra,

Hope you are doing well.
I'm contacting you again as I really need your help here.
In last two weeks, I have completed 3 jobs and got all three 5 star ratings and clients were really satisfied with my quality service. But still my JSS is dropped by 2 % ( from 86% to 84%) where I was expecting it to be improved.

I am really disappointed and I want to know why so? What were the factors working there?

Could you please help me in this regards so that I can understand the process properly and also it would be very helpful if you can guide me to improve my JSS score.

Thanks
Amit

Hi Petra,

Hope you are doing well.
I'm waiting for your kind response.

I'm fully dependent on this platform so if you please help me in this regard then only I can survive here and can serve my best quality service to my clients.

So I'm eagerly waiting for your precious advice/suggestion.

Thanks
Amit

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amit,

As other freelancers explained, your clients are leaving private feedback along with their public feedback. In addition, open contracts which are inactive for a long period of time can also start to affecting the Job Success Score negatively. You can find more information about the score's calculation in this Help article.

Untitled