🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to initiate dispute that both parties agr...
Page options
7fba4bc6
Community Member

How to initiate dispute that both parties agreed was overpaid, but contract was ended

Unfortunately, I am in an endless loop. The help areas keep telling me to go to Disputes. The contract was recently ended, so I am not allowed to initiate a dispute through that portal. The directions tell me that in this case I should "reach out to Upwork" so they can assist, but no email,  link, anything I can find to initiate this. Both me (client) and the freelancer agree that an overpayment was made (both a salary and hourly were inadvertantly billed and paid for the same service). I just need an Upwork contact to get all the documentation to, so we can process the refund.  Please advise.

9 REPLIES 9
lysis10
Community Member

Carrie D wrote:

Unfortunately, I am in an endless loop. The help areas keep telling me to go to Disputes. The contract was recently ended, so I am not allowed to initiate a dispute through that portal. The directions tell me that in this case I should "reach out to Upwork" so they can assist, but no email,  link, anything I can find to initiate this. Both me (client) and the freelancer agree that an overpayment was made (both a salary and hourly were inadvertantly billed and paid for the same service). I just need an Upwork contact to get all the documentation to, so we can process the refund.  Please advise.

If it was recently closed, the freelancer has a button in the email that directs them to the page where they can refund. They can probably go to the contract too and refund.

7fba4bc6
Community Member

The freelancer already issued 1 week of the refund (that is all he has access to on their timeline). This double payment was made for 4 weeks. But thank you for trying. Do you know of a way to initiate contact with Customer Service? Upwork directions tell me to, "Please contact customer support to learn about our mediation assistance." But there is no contact information. Thank you.

kc_subodh
Community Member

go to this page https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

On the bottom click as shown on this screenshot 
https://prnt.sc/t1pt8y

Thank you.  However, that link takes me to a bot, which gives me directions for my instance that end with, "Please contact customer support to learn about our mediation assistance." But there is no contact information. Do you have any information on how to contact customer support?

you are right there, a step away 
Type the questions to the bot then it will show options 
click others 
then you get options to email them

https://prnt.sc/t1sykk

JoanneP

Hi Carrie,

Could you please share the contract ID you're referring to so I can check? Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
7fba4bc6
Community Member

I believe the identifier is **Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for following up, Carrie. 

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to further assist you with this concern.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
7fba4bc6
Community Member

Thank you!
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths