🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to keep inactive fixed price contract ope...
Page options
prachi163
Community Member

How to keep inactive fixed price contract open?

Hi,

I am in a fixed price contract with a client. He had assigned me a milestone without any deadline. I have completed it in parts till now. I received the below notification from Upwork:

We recently contacted your client, <ABC> about <JOB NAME>, which has been idle for over 76 days. Per the escrow instructions for fixed-price contracts and for your security, we notified your client that they need to take action on this contract in order for it to remain open. If no new milestone updates, payments or refunds are made in the next 2 weeks, this contract will be closed on Upwork. If the contract is closed, you will receive a refund request for $45.00 (the funds still in escrow). You will have 7 days to dispute this request. 

If you feel this contract should remain open, please contact your client. Should the contract be closed due to inactivity, your client will still be notified in product of the option to leave feedback.

I wish for the contract to remain open. Please advise what my client needs to do. He is clueless about what action needs to be taken from his side. Please can someone help regarding this? Thanks!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just tell your client to release a part of the milestone, in line with the work done so far. Then set up a new milestone (which will be funded by the funds still in Escrow)

So - let's say the amount in Escrow is $ 45, get the client to release $ 20 (or whatever) and set up and fund (from Escrow) a second milestone of $ 25.

That'll stop the autoclosing process, and you'll get some money for the work completed.

The client has a green "Pay Now" button. He should click on that and then edit the amount to pay to you. The rest will be used to fund milestone 3 which he should set up straight after.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Prachi,

Thanks for reaching out. Your client also received a notification about this contract and needs to follow the instructions in it in order to keep it open.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks for your reply.

Problem is, he has no idea what to do. The notification he has received has no links to take an action, according to him. Attaching how the contract looks to him. Please advise.

Just tell your client to release a part of the milestone, in line with the work done so far. Then set up a new milestone (which will be funded by the funds still in Escrow)

So - let's say the amount in Escrow is $ 45, get the client to release $ 20 (or whatever) and set up and fund (from Escrow) a second milestone of $ 25.

That'll stop the autoclosing process, and you'll get some money for the work completed.

The client has a green "Pay Now" button. He should click on that and then edit the amount to pay to you. The rest will be used to fund milestone 3 which he should set up straight after.

Hi Prachi,

Please send me a PM with more information regarding this contract. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
ljuba1
Community Member

Hi Guys, 

I have a similar problem:
**Edited for Community Guidelines**
so I wanted to ask what I should do next?

The last time I heard from Waad was a few months ago. We were supposed to end the one month contract when she stopped replying. I fully fulfilled all my responsibilities to contract.

I am not completely sure I understand what the refund request means: should I send it to her once I receive it? 

Thank you for reaching out to me.
Kind regards,
Ljubomir

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths