🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to know if a client has chosen another fr...
Page options
bobhaderdesigns
Community Member

How to know if a client has chosen another freelancer.

Some postings will say "posted 10 days ago", and in the project description, the person will say "I need this done in the next few days...." So how do I know if the project im bidding on has been fulfilled or not? How do I know if the prospect has gone with somebody else? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
mtngigi
Community Member

There is no way to know. Many clients post the same job on multiple platforms and hire elsewhere ... or they've "hired" someone, but not through Upwork (which is against TOS). Many aspects of bidding on RFPs is a guessing game. With a post like that, it's most likely not worth leaving a bid.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Robert H wrote:

Some postings will say "posted 10 days ago", and in the project description, the person will say "I need this done in the next few days...." So how do I know if the project im bidding on has been fulfilled or not? How do I know if the prospect has gone with somebody else? Thanks

If they hired somebody (or more than one person) on upwork, you will see that in the "hired" section of the job posting. Some clients close the job at this point, some don't. If you applied, the proposal will be in your "archived proposals". If not, the job posting is not accessible to you any longer. 

The super-urgent "I need this in 2 hours" jobs to me are not worth my connects. For some reason clients seem to think that a sense of urgency makes you drop your hourly rate, or something. 

My advice is just to send your proposal and then forget about it.  Otherwise,  you will go crazy trying to figure out what's going on.

That's a very good suggestion

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths