🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to make full payment to Freelancer and cl...
Page options
Community Member

How to make full payment to Freelancer and close contract

Hi all,

I wish to make full payment to my freelancer and close this project. However when I click [Pay Now], it only says I have $10 in Esrow. 

How can I make the full $40 payment and close the contract?

Thanks in advance

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That's correct Wei.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wei Kiang,

When you click the Pay Now button, you should see the option to increase the amount you're releasing to the freelancer. Make sure to enter the agreed amount and complete the process in order to issue a full payment on your contract. Afterwards, you can select the option to end the contract and provide feedback for your freelancer. Let us know if you need further guidance.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Vladimir,

I noticed that when I click [Pay Now], it is asking to submit payment for Milestone 1 (Which is $10). (I have 4 milestones, $10 each)

Do I have to make payment for every milestone to complete the full $40 transaction?

Hi Wei,

Since only the first Milestone is funded, click the Pay button on the pop-up window and you'll be able to enter and release an additional payment along with the funds already deposited in Escrow.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Currently my Escrow only has $10.

So under "Release from escrow" I put $10, and under "Bonus" I put $30, then I select "End the contract"?

That's correct Wei.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths