cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to progress with No review & Hourly Jobs?

Highlighted
Maitri M Member Since: Mar 13, 2017
1 of 6

Hello Friends,

I have been on Upwork for a few years now, but I landed up on a job only a few months ago. It is an hourly job of a Virtual Assistant and I am still doing that one single job. It has been 6 months. I have worked for many hours and got paid timely as well and could withdraw the money periodically as well.

However, I am wondering, in this way, even if I am working for lot of hours on Upwork, will I move up the ladder? There has been no reviews of my work till now, in 6+ months although I am earning regularly from that one continual job.

What is the deal? How do I grow up the ladder? 

Should I concentrate on fixed price jobs to accumulate more reviews and give up on this hourly job that I have?

How are these hourly jobs reviewed?

Can anyone who is well versed with the system and has been here, doing both fixed price work and hourly work, explain to me the situation I am in, and probably guide me?

It will be a help worth mentioning! Thanks a lot in advance. I really want to know this.

I have searched through the Forum but did not find this question asked here earlier.

Thanks and Regards,

Maitri

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 6

@Maitri M wrote:

Should I concentrate on fixed price jobs to accumulate more reviews and give up on this hourly job that I have?

How are these hourly jobs reviewed?

Can anyone who is well versed with the system and has been here, doing both fixed price work and hourly work, explain to me the situation I am in, and probably guide me?

If you are happy with the rate you're being paid for the ongoing hourly job, do not 'give up' on it. You may never get another job like it. If you have time to do other jobs, either fixed or hourly, then you should keep applying. You're a rising talent, so that should help you get hired. Also, you could point out in your cover letters that you have worked for 242 hours already for one Upwork client, if you think that will improve your chances. Good luck & keep up the good work.

Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3 of 6

I don't think you nderstand the difference between employment and freelancing/contracting.

Highlighted
4 of 6

@Jennifer M wrote:

I don't think you nderstand the difference between employment and freelancing/contracting.

May be not. This is why I am asking. Kindly help with the knowledge you have.

Thanks!

Highlighted
5 of 6

@Jennifer M wrote:

May be not. This is why I am asking. Kindly help with the knowledge you have.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
6 of 6

IMO do not give up on this job, It seems like you are happy with both the work and the payment. You have no guarantee, that if you give it up just so you can obtain more jobs, that you will get more jobs. It may take months before you get another job. Besides, the service fee on new jobs will go back up to 20%.

New freelancer wish they had the opportunity you have.