🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to qualify for hourly job if I only worke...
Page options
aamer-rasheed
Community Member

How to qualify for hourly job if I only worked on fixed term contracts.

Hi Fellows,

I'm new to upwork and have a question. My personal preference is to work on fixed term contracts as I want to work as per my own time convenience and to track time I sometime forget to open the time tracker. Besdies due to nature of work I work in small time chunks so due to same reason I'm allowed manual work entry by clients.  I have two queries which I need guidance on. 
Query No. 1:

In one of the jobs applied I have seen that job initiator added an option of atleast 100 upwork hours. Since I have worked on some fixed term projects where I think the total time was about 120 hours if it would have been categorized as hourly jobs then does upwork system automatically consider me qualified or I will be treated as disqualified for the job or atleast shown to job initiator as not meeting this criteria. If this is true then how to resolve it as I don't want to work on hourly system due to my personal prefernce as detailed above and I have to be careful not to apply jobs having such criteria. 

Query No. 2:

In manual work model I'm not protected by Upwork hourly protection but need elaboration of the same. i.e. if customer is being invoiced and if they don't pay then I'll get no payment and have no right on work done or what happens. Does customer has the option not to pay. Please confirm. 

Need support regarding same. 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aamer,

For your first question, please note that only the hours you tracked using the Upwork Desktop App will count for the total amount of hours that you are referring to. The client has listed preferred qualifications for the freelancers who are applying to their jobs. If you still feel confident in your skills about the job you're more than welcomed to apply.

For your second question, please note that manual time is not protected under our Hourly payment protection. You can check out this help article for more information on this.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Per the TOS, if you don't get paid, you retain the rights to your work.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths