🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How to remove a milestone
Page options
b99335c2
Community Member

How to remove a milestone

I accidentally added a milestone and it added $100 to the budget. How do I remove the milestone? Or can I just pay the amount that's in escrow regardless of the budget?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
abdulrazaq89
Community Member

Hi Leslie, 

When you have created a milestone. Then your freelancer can refund it or cancal it. You can withdraw the milestone offer with the help of your freelancer. You can also release partial payment from your milestone if you want to continue with the job or have more work compansate enough the amount present in the milestone. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
abdulrazaq89
Community Member

Hi Leslie, 

When you have created a milestone. Then your freelancer can refund it or cancal it. You can withdraw the milestone offer with the help of your freelancer. You can also release partial payment from your milestone if you want to continue with the job or have more work compansate enough the amount present in the milestone. 

petra_r
Community Member

@Leslie D wrote:

I accidentally added a milestone and it added $100 to the budget. How do I remove the milestone? Or can I just pay the amount that's in escrow regardless of the budget?

If all you did was add a milestone, you can literally just ignore it and pay out only what is in Escrow. Only funded milestones matter. The "budget" is irrelevant.

In case you actually funded the extra milestone, when you close the contract simply choose the option that requests the funds for that milestone to be returned to you.

b99335c2
Community Member

Thank you, Petra!

28cd00b2
Community Member

Hey, I had a contact with a client which was divided into 5 milestones. 3 of the milestones have been completed successfully, after which my client say's that they are facing some problems and won't be able to continue the contract and I'm ok with that, but the 4th milestone is currently active.
So my questions are - how can we remove the remaining milestones from the contract, there is no option for the active milestone to be removed.
And also if we directly end the contract, will it effect my JSS.
Please guide me.

Thankyou 🙂.
rhettrites
Community Member

Hello there,

How does a freelancer cancel a milestone?
Thank you,

Rhett

Hi Rhett,

You can propose changes to a milestone by going to My Jobs > clicking on the contract in question and then "Add or Edit Milestones". As a best practice, I recommend you discuss any additions or changes to milestones with your client before adding or editing a milestone.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths