🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to respond to messages
Page options
ef878e7c
Community Member

How to respond to messages

Am new on upwork, i got a message from a client asking me to send my upwork user name, full names, age, country and telephone number on her telegram and another on different email address am asking is that allowed or its a scam

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Very obvious scam.

NikolaS

Hi Nakato,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team for further investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

Please know that a real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. Sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork.

I encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

You may want to check this thread and this help article for more information on how to stay safe on Upwork.

~ Nikola
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Nakato D wrote:

am asking is that allowed or its a scam

As Martina said: Scam. And no, you are not allowed to contact any prospective client outside of Upwork. If you don't break that rule, you avoid virtually all the scams.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths