🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How to securly get paid for remote access...
Page options
chiranjit31
Community Member

How to securly get paid for remote access job with fixed price contract

Recently I have offered a job .It needs to be done by accessing client's computer via teamviewer. It is a fixed price job. So is it safe to do the job ? Because I will not have anything to submit in the upwork submit for payment section as a proof in case I didn't receive the payment. Please tell me the procedure.
Thanks in advance.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Chiranjit C wrote:
Recently I have offered a job .It needs to be done by accessing client's computer via teamviewer. It is a fixed price job. So is it safe to do the job ? Because I will not have anything to submit in the upwork submit for payment section as a proof in case I didn't receive the payment. Please tell me the procedure.
Thanks in advance.

You don't need to attach a file to submit for payment, as many tasks don't involve files. Maybe this job is better suited for an hourly job so that your client will see through screenshots what you did? Otherwise you need discuss very exactly what deliverables you need to provide, to avoid any misunderstandings and disputes afterwards. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Chiranjit C wrote:
Thanks in advance.

You don't need to attach a file to submit for payment, as many tasks don't involve files. Maybe this job is better suited for an hourly job so that your client will see through screenshots what you did? Otherwise you need discuss very exactly what deliverables you need to provide, to avoid any misunderstandings and disputes afterwards. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

Chiranjit, whether or not a fixed-price job is "safe" has nothing to do with whether or not you will be submitting a file. Most of the fixed-price jobs I do have no "file" submitted when I click the Submit Work button.

Upwork does not look at your files as "proof" that you did the work.

If a client is going to behave in a dishonest manner and try to avoid paying you for your work, he can do that even if you do submit a file.

Preston H wrote:

Upwork does not look at your files as "proof" that you did the work.

But an arbitrator might. 

how do they submit the proof?

they send the reply via email.

I will be submitting the file right away

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths