🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How to send money to Myanmar/Burma?
Page options
waiyanminhtay
Community Member

How to send money to Myanmar/Burma?

As new to Upwork, I don’t know how to send money to Myanmar and I ask one of the experienced upwork senior to inquire about how to and here is the person answer. Credit go to Ko **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I am glad to answer this information as it took about more than 1 month and a lot of (yes, a lot of) phone calls to bank, several chatting with manager of local branch and a test withdrawal of 100$. Even the local manager could not give the exact answers. Then, I made many calls to main office of
bank and got redirected for several times. At last, my call reached tothe right person.

So, here are the information. You can send the fund via wire transfer. You will need just a normal bank account. You don't need USD account. MMK account is okay. They will exchange the funds with arrival day's price (buy price) and deposit in your account. Banks will not inform for direct deposits to your account. So, I like to recommend to connect your bankaccount to mobile for checking yourself.

Wire transfer is the most expansive one on Upwork. It will cost you a 30$withdrawal fee (charged from Upwork) and 10$ or 10,000 Kyats as incoming SWIFT charge from your bank.

I guess it is the very first time for you. Then, you will need to fill thetax form on Upwork (there is a form for non-US people). You can't with drawwithout filling this. In addition, for the first time, your bank will need to know some details. Upwork will reply you a list of details they needed to sendto your bank (including how you get the funds and reason of withdrawal).Upwork will guarantee your bank that you got your funds legally.So, your first withdrawal will take longer time than the later ones.Laterwithdrawals will arrive to your account with 3-14 working days (allholidays of US, country of intermediary bank and Myanmar should beconsidered) . If it takes more than 14 working days, you should inform Upwork and they will track the funds.

You need to tap add withdrawal method, choose wire transfer and fill therequired information. You can find the SWIFT code of your bank on Google. Name on your bank account may need to be the same with your Upwork account. There will also be a security period when you add a new withdrawal method. Also make sure to have "triple check" when filling your bank account information; or it will cause your withdrawal to be sent back to Upwork and will cost you withdrawal charges again.

I think there is enough information for you. Let me know if you still have questions. I will help as much as I can.

10 REPLIES 10
shihab0915
Community Member

Hi Wai Yan,

You can find necessary information regarding this issue from bellow article:

Get Paid Options

As you having problem with wire transfer, so I think that payoneer's mastercard could be a better solution for you.

Really astonished to see that you have been struggling for one month when its very simple.

Goodluck

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion. But the issue is not in Upwork part. It's Myanmar bank and receving foreign currency issue. But in my post it is written clearly about how to solve it.

@Wai Yan M wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion. But the issue is not in Upwork part. It's Myanmar bank and receving foreign currency issue. But in my post it is written clearly about how to solve it.

It is better to have the solution that you have proposed especially when there is an intention to be self-employed.  

What do you mean by this?

''when there is an intention to be self-employed. ''

@Wai Yan M wrote:

What do you mean by this?

''when there is an intention to be self-employed. ''

Ignore her. She is just trolling. Nothing she posts has any value other than showing her up for what she is.

@Wai Yan M wrote:

Hello,

I understood your concern & have read clearly before replying. However, As you having problem with your bank & the bank having problem with receiving foreign currency, so I suggested to skip this wire transfer for this moment & use payoneer's mastercard although it charges $1 more than wire transfer (per withdraw).

One more thing- As the problem with your bank for receiving foreign currency & if so, Upwork has nothing to do with this. You need to contact your bank alternatively.

Thank you 

bc36c083
Community Member

Hello brother,

My name is Wai Yan Phyo, a upwork newbie from Myanmar.

Thank you for the informations you wrote. It was really helpful as I was worried to get paid without any risk.

Can I still ask you some things if you don't mind? What was the name of bank that the brother you asked used? 

A friend of mine said she used AYA and failed, which made her lost $60 wire transfer fee for nothing at all.

Thanks in advance!

Hello Brother,

My name is Shwe Yee from Myanmar.

Please Let me know what method you are currently using. I would like to know if KBZ is suitable for the Local Bank Payment Method.

Have a wonderful day.
Thank you!

7458d492
Community Member

Hello, My name's Ar Kar. How can I contact to.Didn't mean anything just wanna get contact .I'm interesting in Voice acting. Just wanna talk a little about how to create a animation movie. hope we are in same hobbies.**Edited for community guidelines**phone number**Edited for community guidelines**

- mail.

1623a3a4
Community Member

thanks for sharing. This is the point i ever want to know when starting join in Upwork. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths