🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to send physical prototype to client
Page options
alexb-nv
Community Member

How to send physical prototype to client

Hello,

I am new to Upwork and I have a question about contracts involving physical prototypes as deliverables.

There are opportunities on Upwork in which the client wants the freelancer to develop a physical prototype and send it to them. I have plenty of experience with designing and building circuit boards and I would like to pursue these opportunities, but I do not understand how I would send the physical deliverable to the client without knowning their physical address to which I would send it. Per the Upwork User Agreement, part 7, we are not permitted to provide our Means of Direct Contact (including physical address) to each other.

How should I get the physical deliverable to the client, if the client cannot share their address? Does Upwork provide a parcel relay service, of which I am unaware, that allows freelancers to send physical deliverables to clients? Does Upwork make an exception to the User Agreement for the purpose of sending physical deliverables? Is Upwork the wrong place to pursue opportunities that involve physical prototypes? What am I missing here?

Thank you in advance for any help!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gaspardjack
Community Member

Section 7.2 is about communicating with the client exclusively on Upwork prior to entering into a Service Contract.

Once you have a contract in place, the client can share their address for any delivery purposes.

And no, "Upwork does not provide shipping services for any physical Work Product" (Section 2.1 of the User Agreement).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gaspardjack
Community Member

Section 7.2 is about communicating with the client exclusively on Upwork prior to entering into a Service Contract.

Once you have a contract in place, the client can share their address for any delivery purposes.

And no, "Upwork does not provide shipping services for any physical Work Product" (Section 2.1 of the User Agreement).

That is what I was missing. Thank you, Mohammed G!

You're welcome Alexandr!

The whole point is keeping all communications on Upwork until a contract is in place!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths