cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start this job

Mara Cristina C Member Since: Mar 2, 2017
1 of 3

Hi,

I'm a new freelancer and my proposal for a job is read by the client. The client messaged me and gave information about the job, then he said that if I agree, I will start the job already. I said that I can start tonight but there was this statement that states: the client does not currently have access to Upwork and will not receive messages until access is restored".

I cannot also see the job in “My Jobs”. How can I be sure about this job? Can I already start the job?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 3

Hi Maria Cristina, 

I checked the client and it seems that it was confirmed that he was violating the Upwork ToS which is why he doesn't have access to his account. 

I would like to inform you that offering and accepting to be paid off the platform is a violation of the Upwork ToS. Please also note to not start working on any job unless a contract was offered to you, you have accepted the contract, and it is showing in the My Jobs/All Contracts section of your account.

I invite you to read up on Vladimir's thread - Getting Started on Upwork, and read up on the Safety First section to learn the red flags that should prompt you that a client or job is a scam. 

-Avery
Untitled
Mara Cristina C Member Since: Mar 2, 2017
3 of 3

Thank you Avery for the information and I'm glad that I asked a question before formally accepting the job. Thanks!

Regards,

Mara

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS