🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How to submit invoice from completed job
Page options
smylus
Community Member

How to submit invoice from completed job

If a contract is 'Completed' shouldn't the invoice automatically be sent to the client? I dont see a 'Submit work and request payment' button that some have mentioned.......... And my client hasnt received the completed invoice. What am I missing here oplease?

2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shaun,

On Monday your client will be invoiced for the previous week's hours based on your Work Diary. On an hourly contract, you log hours and the client is automatically billed for them. You have hours logged this week, this work week has not ended yet. Timesheet for this week will be available for the client's review next week and the payment will be released to you on Wednesday the week after. Please check the Weekly Billing Cycle article for more information about the schedule to release hourly payments. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
smylus
Community Member

I'm new to Upwork and just recently finished a project for which I'm now trying to get paid. I was hired by the client but because they couldn't figure out how to set a fixed amount on the contract, we went ahead without having setting a fixed price OR determining an hourly rate. In converstaion we agreed to the fixed price of $400. The project was successfully completed and I added 'Manual hours' to the contract covering the $400. This amount showed up on the contract, but when I went to close it, there is nowhere that I can see where I can now send an invoice for the registered hours. I understand from reading other posts here, that we should have more clearly set conditions for the contract. However, as hours covering the $400 show up in the contract, surely there must be a simple way of invoicing for this amount? Or am I now going to have to ask the client to pay the agreed upon fee as a 'Bonus'? Thank you for your anawers in advance. Shaun

**Edited for community guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths