🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to wothdrow extra payment beyond contract...
Page options
5d7d9808
Community Member

How to wothdrow extra payment beyond contract value.

Hello there,

I am working in **Edited for community guidelines**. I decided to take payment with upwork. As i added my upwork profile in **Edited for community guidelines**, they proposed a contract of $5. I accepted that. I worked for a week and earned $25. **Edited for community guidelines** provided fund of $25. But as the initial contract was $5, upwork deposited only $4 in my account. Now please tell me how can i get remaining money. One other thing, as i heard about direct contact rate is 3.5% and my contract is also direct contract then why they deducted 20%. Got $4 of $5 contract. Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
5d7d9808
Community Member

Additionally it is a continuous work and will get payment twice in month. What should i do to avoid this kind of problem in getting payment in future.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohammad Abdullah,

Since this is not a Direct Contract but a regular Fixed-Price contract, the Service Fee was a standard Service Fee.

When a client releases a milestone payment, it goes through a 5-day security period and will show under the Pending tab of your Overview page (Reports > Overview). That means they are currently subjected to a standard five-day security period and will become available for withdrawal as shown under the date details. During the 5-day security period, it gives the system time to process and clear the payments. Please read this article for more information about Fixed-Price Protection. 

You can discuss the terms of further engagement on this contract and attempt to achieve mutual agreement with your client.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths