🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How to write a proposal ?
Page options
sakibahmed96
Community Member

How to write a proposal ?

Hi,

My name is Sakib Ahmed. I am a new photo editor in Upwork. Please suggest to me, How can I get an interview or get an order if I write a proposal?

Your Best Regards

Sakib Ahmed

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NadaN
Staff
Staff

Hi Sakib,

Thank you for reaching out! Our research shows you’re more likely to have success with a custom-tailored proposal. Describe how you will meet each of the client's needs. This includes location, skills, language & communication abilities, past experience, education, and anything else the client notes that is important to them. If relevant, include links or attachments to samples from your portfolio. This shows the client you are capable of completing their project. You can also check this article about writing a successful cover letter.

Include a few links to samples from your portfolio that are most similar to the client’s project. Explain how and why each example you are providing is relevant. If you have relevant experience but no related portfolio item, detail that experience.

And, ask for an interview and tell them about your availability to speak. Provide them with a couple of different times and days you are available and ask which works for them. If you feel the project doesn’t require an interview, let them know if there are specific hours when you are online when you can answer any questions via chat. This demonstrates initiative and makes it easier for the client to schedule time with you. Anything you can do to make the process easier for the client increases your chance of success.

Let us know if you have more questions!

Best,
Nadja N., Talent Success Partner

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
e825750a
Community Member

Hello Sakib,
To create better proposals that wins job, check this helpful article from Upwork: https://www.upwork.com/resources/how-to-create-a-proposal-that-wins-jobs
Thanks,
NadaN
Staff
Staff

Hi Sakib,

Thank you for reaching out! Our research shows you’re more likely to have success with a custom-tailored proposal. Describe how you will meet each of the client's needs. This includes location, skills, language & communication abilities, past experience, education, and anything else the client notes that is important to them. If relevant, include links or attachments to samples from your portfolio. This shows the client you are capable of completing their project. You can also check this article about writing a successful cover letter.

Include a few links to samples from your portfolio that are most similar to the client’s project. Explain how and why each example you are providing is relevant. If you have relevant experience but no related portfolio item, detail that experience.

And, ask for an interview and tell them about your availability to speak. Provide them with a couple of different times and days you are available and ask which works for them. If you feel the project doesn’t require an interview, let them know if there are specific hours when you are online when you can answer any questions via chat. This demonstrates initiative and makes it easier for the client to schedule time with you. Anything you can do to make the process easier for the client increases your chance of success.

Let us know if you have more questions!

Best,
Nadja N., Talent Success Partner

58fba897
Community Member

Thank you for reaching out! Our research shows you're 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths