🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to write proposal for part time jobs
Page options
formanojr
Community Member

How to write proposal for part time jobs

Hello,

I am new to upwork (have done about ~30 hours). I work ful time. So, I am looking for a part time(10 - 20 hours) part time remote opportunity. I got a good job on my first gig and the client have a 5 start review. I have a strong profile in my domain (Java cloud developer with lots of experience.) But, whatever proposal I write to (even ones which show < 30 hours) does not get a response. I get reached out on gigs I am not interested in. Either full time or a job in another location. I have added my link. It would be great to get some feedback as well from succesfull free lance sw developers. 

I am sure I am doing something wrong likely. Here is my profile: 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Here is a typical cover I write:

To whom it may concern :
I am interested in applying for this freelance project for Java expertise. I have hands on current experience with Spring framework(Security, Test, Data, JPA etc). With my strong Java cloud software development, architecting AWS stack based highly scalable services , I bring to the table a strong software engineering mindset combined with technical skills honed throughout my 10 years of product development experience.

Specifically, I have worked with Amazon services like Ec2, Kinesis, S3, Sagemaker etc in the current(and previous) project and I can come up-to speed on any Cloud PAAS service and frameworks with a quick ramp up time.   Can we arrange for quick interview call on upwork ?

Some portfolios
=============
Public Facing REST APIs I designed and lead:

Here is my github repository link:

Here are my blogs:

Linked in profile:

I look forward to learning more about this position and can be reached here within Upwork messaging. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Manoj **Edited for Community Guidelines**
2 REPLIES 2
3231a1fc
Community Member

I think you'd do more upwork test related to your skills.

the top 10% score with lower hourly rate for beginner would certainly attract clients

Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate it. Will try both.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths