🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How will anybody award me the project on Upwo...
Page options
swaraj5
Community Member

How will anybody award me the project on Upwork?

Some of the clients asks me to submit a smaple work and then they will award me. Please tell me the whole procedure from shortlisting to getting awarded to a project. And also tell me if I have submitted a sample work and if the client did not satisfy. In this case, I am not gonna paid. So, how I will be protected from submitting a sample?

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Swaraj P wrote:

Some of the clients asks me to submit a smaple work and then they will award me. Please tell me the whole procedure from shortlisting to getting awarded to a project. And also tell me if I have submitted a sample work and if the client did not satisfy. In this case, I am not gonna paid. So, how I will be protected from submitting a sample?

You are not protected, and therefore it is forbidden for clients to ask for free work. 

A client may ask you to send an existing sample, something you've produced previously.

A client may hire you to produce a paid sample. 

A client may NOT ask you to produce a new sample without payment. That is asking for free work, which is a violation of Upwork's rules. Clients who ask for this are often scammers, just trying to get some work for free.   In other cases they may be genuine clients who don't know the rules. Tell them politely that Upwork does not permit you to work without payment, and that they can hire you for a small test.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths