🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Husband and Wife Team - not individual an...
Page options
dborrink
Community Member

Husband and Wife Team - not individual and not agency?

My wife and I work together as a team. We're not really an agency. We would like to know the best way to set up our account. We don't want to pay for separate accounts and often work together on projects for clients. Can someone explain the best way to do this since it's impossible to contact Upwork directly and ask them?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@David B wrote:

My wife and I work together as a team. We're not really an agency. We would like to know the best way to set up our account. We don't want to pay for separate accounts and often work together on projects for clients.

There is no such thing as an "our" account. You both need to set up your own account each, never log into each other's account, then clients can hire you both, via an agency set up or individually. You don't have to "pay" for 2 accounts, you can set up two accounts.

Two people working one account is one of the quickest ways to be removed from the platform.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

@David B wrote:

My wife and I work together as a team. We're not really an agency. We would like to know the best way to set up our account. We don't want to pay for separate accounts and often work together on projects for clients.

There is no such thing as an "our" account. You both need to set up your own account each, never log into each other's account, then clients can hire you both, via an agency set up or individually. You don't have to "pay" for 2 accounts, you can set up two accounts.

Two people working one account is one of the quickest ways to be removed from the platform.

re: "My wife and I work together as a team. We're not really an agency. We would like to know the best way to set up our account. We don't want to pay for separate accounts and often work together on projects for clients. Can someone explain the best way to do this since it's impossible to contact Upwork directly and ask them?"

David:

What you describe makes sense and THERE IS NOTHING WRONG with doing things this way, as long as you don't do it on Upwork, which doesn't allow that.

There are other platforms that may accommodate your interests and there are other means through which you and your wife could present yourselves as a team available to work on behalf of clients.

You could, for example, create a website and use Google Ads to generate traffic and interest in your services.

dborrink
Community Member

Thank you, Petra. I wasn't sure if our desired situation was a problem or not. Seemed to be borderline. Looks like we'll do an agency setup. Thank you for your prompt response. I appreciate it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths