🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Husband wants an Upwork account too, but ...
Page options
ana-popa
Community Member

Husband wants an Upwork account too, but same IP as mine blocks his access

I have an Upwork account, but my husband is also a freelancer and wants to create his own account. He can't because we live in the same house and we have the same IP. 

He got this error: "This almost never happens, but something went wrong. Please try again later or contact support"

I read that I should contact support and vouch for him, or something like that.

Can you help?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ana,

Working on the same computer or from the same place is not a violation and it is allowed, but please keep in mind that sharing an account is a violation of our TOS.

Please ask your husband to sign up with another UserName. If your husband is still receiving the same error after this let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ana,

Working on the same computer or from the same place is not a violation and it is allowed, but please keep in mind that sharing an account is a violation of our TOS.

Please ask your husband to sign up with another UserName. If your husband is still receiving the same error after this let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello and thank you for your reply.

We haven't use the same computer or the same account.

He tried creating his own account and got that error, probably because the system detected the same IP.

He tried what you suggested, creating it again with a different username (although the first he used was still his name) and it worked.

Thank you for you help!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths