🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I RECEIVED A REQUEST TO INTERVIEW VIA TELEGRA...
Page options
84f5008f
Community Member

I RECEIVED A REQUEST TO INTERVIEW VIA TELEGRAM - IS IT A SCAM?

Hello. I'm new here in Upwork and I'd like to start my career as a freelancer. I received a reply on one of my applications and said I communicate with the company representative through telegram. I also have been starting with the job offered, until I realized to research scammers in Upwork, and I read a few, including red flags about communication outside Upwork. I message the company representative via telegram asking if they would send me an Upwork contract since I just "remembered" that it's prohibited to receive offers outside Upsowrk and here's his reply: "Upwork doesn’t provide such service to us completely. The company and Upwork are having some disagreements due to constant removal and misplacing of our seasonal ads. understand what I explain to you? This has been an ongoing process due to the disagreement of both companies. This is what we are been using for a long time and a lot of Freestar have received their payments."

Should I continue or just look for another client? Thank you in advance for your reponse.

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Should I continue or just look for another client?"

Should you continue?

No.

These people are trying to steal money from your bank account.

petra_r
Community Member

Flor S wrote:

IS IT A SCAM?

Yes, of course it is. If you stop violating Upwork's terms of service by communicating on Telegram (or anywhere other than Upwork) with prospective clients, you will avoid the vast majority of scams and you will also stop putting yourself in danger of your account being suspended for violating the terms of service and your Upwork career being over before it has begun.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Flor,

Check out this Post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs. If you notice any suspicious activities you can always use our flagging options so that our team can review the client and their job posts, to learn more about this check out this help article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths