cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I accepted a contract -- how do I begin working?

Thadd S Member Since: Nov 28, 2016
1 of 6

As you can see from my question, I am new to Upwork and everything so far has been easy until now. I was given a contract to post on a forum, but I cannot find anywhere, where to actually begin working. Do I get this information by the person who hired me, or is there somewhere specific I need to go on Upwork?

My apologies for such an easy question, but I was unable to find an anwer to this question, and could really use the help.

Thank You

Thadd

Community Leader
Andrei T Member Since: Aug 30, 2016
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

The person who hired you should tell you exactly what you have to do. You won't use the Upwork platform to do the work, only to report & deliver it.

3 of 6

Thank You. Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 6

Look under "My Jobs" to make sure you were officially hired.

If it's a fixed rate job, the first milestone should be funded before you start any work. If it's hourly, you need to download and use Upwork's time tracking software in order to get paid.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
5 of 6

@Thadd S wrote:

I was given a contract to post on a forum, (...)

Sorry buddy, a little bit off topic but a "writer" who charges $3/hour in the US and a client who wants someone to post in forums can mean only one thing: you will be spoiling some forums with c**p advertising for a scammer.

And probably never get paid for it.

Sorry if I may sound rude but you really need to rethink your whole approach here or go and flip burgers, which would earn you way more.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
6 of 6

Rene:

Well, as I said, I am new here, and I was not sure how much to set as my price. If you would like to offer me some constructive criticism, and be helpful I would be appreciative.