🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I accidentally created client and freelancer ...
Page options
michael-resau
Community Member

I accidentally created client and freelancer accounts.

Hello

I created client and freelancer accounts accidentally.

I thought it would be no problem, But i noticed it is not allowed. Honestly,  I created a client account to hire freelancers before.  And I wanted to work on upwork, too.

Now I want to work as freelancer, but I am not sure how to solve this problem.

Can delete client account and I start to work with my freelancer account? 

I hope this problem to be solved without any issue.

Thank you. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Michael,

You can be a freelancer, agency, and a client on Upwork. You will use the same account to log in to Upwork but will have separate user profiles. You will be able to easily switch between them as needed.

If you would like to close your client account and keep this freelancer account that you used to post here in the community, please send me a DM with the details of the account so I can assist you with it. You can click on my name to send me a PM. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
JoanneP

Hi Michael,

You can be a freelancer, agency, and a client on Upwork. You will use the same account to log in to Upwork but will have separate user profiles. You will be able to easily switch between them as needed.

If you would like to close your client account and keep this freelancer account that you used to post here in the community, please send me a DM with the details of the account so I can assist you with it. You can click on my name to send me a PM. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne

I emailed you with the client account details directly.

Please check and help me.

Thank you

Thanks for sending more information about the account you need closed, Michael.

Please, note that in order for the account to be closed, any active contracts, interviews, or disputes should be closed as well. You can log into the client account, conclude and close any contracts that are still open and then you should be able to close the account under your Settings. You can find instructions on how to close your account here.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you for your reply

But if I login client account, it would affect my freelancer account ?

I afraid. 

Hi Michael,

I checked and it looks like you were able to request an account closure for your client account.
Please let us know here if you have any issues, and you'd like us to close your account for you.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello

I am not able to close my client account.
please check attached screenshot. 

I had one contract on my client account, so I closed that and tried to close account.

Could you solve this problem and close the client account ?

Hi Michael,

Please send me a PM by clicking on my name, and kindly share your client account details so I can check. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello

I just emailed you directly.

I already sent email with same details before, but you didn't reply.

Please review and solve this problem.

Thanks

f84345c7
Community Member

I also mistkenly created client account and now need to delete just client account and remain want to use my freelancer account. What is the process?

Hi Nouman,

Your client account is now closed as per your request. I've escalated your concern to keep your Freelancer profile active to the appropriate team for further review and assistance. You can expect an update on this page with your support ticket once your case is fully reviewed. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
r_narimane
Community Member

Hello ! 
I accidentally created several client accounts (I need only one). Could you please help ?

Thabk you,

Nari

Hi Narimane,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist. Feel free to access your ticket and coordinate with the team here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
00c75239
Community Member

Hello, I accidentally open the Freelancers account instead of a client account. Can you please help me switch?

Hi Hafez,

You can have a client and freelancer profile in one account. In order to create a freelancer profile, please follow the steps on this help article.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths