🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I am Transferring my client from Facebook...
Page options
75d677db
Community Member

I am Transferring my client from Facebook messenger to Upwork?

I am transferring my long-term client from Facebook messenger to Upwork, he prefers Facebook messenger for mostly chatting. 

As I am new to Upwork, so I thought I should increase my amount of earnings on Upwork.

Does it count in fake order? if I fully chat with the client on Facebook messenger and take the payment on Upwork?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Abdul,

I would like to clarify that you can bring your client on Upwork by giving them a link to your profile and asking them to hire you on Upwork anytime. If your client doesn't have an account already, they'll need to register for an account.

Please know that customers who knew each other before coming to Upwork are free to work and communicate directly at any time and it won't be considered circumvention. That said, if there are any issues with the situation and the relationship, the Upwork team will reach out directly to clarify and discuss it with you and your client.

Thank you, 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Abdul:

Upwork will not consider this to be fake.

Upwork does not care what communication methods you use to communicate with clients. As long as payment is processed through Upwork, that is what matters.

If this client is not already an Upwork client, you can bring the client to Upwork and start working through Upwork. If you are a Top-Rated freelancer, you can obtain a special link that will let you bring the client in a way that lets you pay zero fees.

Preston H wrote:

Abdul:

Upwork will not consider this to be fake.

You can't state this with any certainty. If it looks suspicious, then the OP could very well get his account suspended.

Okay. But using Facebook Messenger tool, currently or in the past, is not in and of itself a TOS violation or a reaso for Upwork to classify a client as fake.

NikolaS

Hi Abdul,

I would like to clarify that you can bring your client on Upwork by giving them a link to your profile and asking them to hire you on Upwork anytime. If your client doesn't have an account already, they'll need to register for an account.

Please know that customers who knew each other before coming to Upwork are free to work and communicate directly at any time and it won't be considered circumvention. That said, if there are any issues with the situation and the relationship, the Upwork team will reach out directly to clarify and discuss it with you and your client.

Thank you, 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths