Page options
7a831ccd
Community Member

I am a beginner on Upwork

Can you give me some tips on how to start? Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
antonygrace7801
Community Member

Looking at your profile, my main recommendation would be to put up some samples of your work - put a watermark on them if you're worried about them being re-used. The video is a good start.

Then, just look for jobs and start applying. Make sure you tailor your cover letter to the person's individual request and how your experience would benefit them compared to other proposals - if you use a generic cover letter, people will likely pass you over as they may well just assume you're a spam account. You can point out your rate is lower than some as you're making your start on the platform and looking for that first opportunity to show your talent.

It's tough at the beginning, but once you get a few good reviews, business will pick up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
antonygrace7801
Community Member

Looking at your profile, my main recommendation would be to put up some samples of your work - put a watermark on them if you're worried about them being re-used. The video is a good start.

Then, just look for jobs and start applying. Make sure you tailor your cover letter to the person's individual request and how your experience would benefit them compared to other proposals - if you use a generic cover letter, people will likely pass you over as they may well just assume you're a spam account. You can point out your rate is lower than some as you're making your start on the platform and looking for that first opportunity to show your talent.

It's tough at the beginning, but once you get a few good reviews, business will pick up.

sofia2008
Community Member

Before starting to apply for jobs, it is important to learn how the platform works.

You can look at the Academy courses here Academy - Upwork Community

m_terrazas
Community Member

Mariane H wrote:

Can you give me some tips on how to start? Thanks

What you have already been told and, in addition, read this to get rid of scams:
https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...
Good luck!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths