🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I am being interviewed in messages
Page options
kristen_oneill
Community Member

I am being interviewed in messages

Hello all,

I am new to upwork as of a little bit over a week ago. I actually have done two small taskings and am hoping for something a bit more long term. I really love the concept of this site and thus far it has been a great experience. I do have a question though... I have had several potential employers contact me through messages and conduct an interview-like line of questioning, sometimes spanning over several days. Not one has invited me to an interview though. Is this customary? Is there a way to request an interview, IE a button? Thank you in advance

Kristen ONeill

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kat303
Community Member

Kristen - As Petra stated, you do not have any jobs showing on your profile which makes me believe that you were not "officially" hired. If you completed the work and have been paid off site, then your account will be suspended. If you're waiting for payment, you'll wait forever because you were not hired here. 

Before continuing looking for job I STRONGLY advise that you go through the help section and learn how to use this site correctly. On your home page just click on the question mark at the top right of the page and choose Help and Support from the drop down menu. After that go through EVERY link that comes up. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

@Kristen wrote:

Hello all,

I am new to upwork as of a little bit over a week ago. I actually have done two small taskings

Your profile does not show any Upwork jobs done, did you have actual contracts through Upwork and were paid through Upwork?

@Kristen wrote:
 I do have a question though... I have had several potential employers contact me through messages and conduct an interview-like line of questioning, sometimes spanning over several days. Not one has invited me to an interview though.

If they contacted you through Upwork messages they must have invited you to interview as they could not contact you through Upwork messages any other way.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I have had several potential employers contact me through messages and conduct an interview-like line of questioning, sometimes spanning over several days. Not one has invited me to an interview though. Is this customary?"

Yes. This is customary.

These messages and questions, done through the Upwork messages tool, ARE the "interview."

kat303
Community Member

Kristen - As Petra stated, you do not have any jobs showing on your profile which makes me believe that you were not "officially" hired. If you completed the work and have been paid off site, then your account will be suspended. If you're waiting for payment, you'll wait forever because you were not hired here. 

Before continuing looking for job I STRONGLY advise that you go through the help section and learn how to use this site correctly. On your home page just click on the question mark at the top right of the page and choose Help and Support from the drop down menu. After that go through EVERY link that comes up. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths