Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am new to Upwork. I can't find work because they require Upwork minimum hours

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
11 of 16

Hi Jackie,

You received some sound advice from other users. Please make sure you have an active contract on Upwork before you start doing any work for a client and never accept payments outside of Upwork from clients you met on the platform.

I checked the job you are referring to and it's already been removed from the marketplace. You'll see the proposal had been moved to the Archived folder.

~ Valeria
Upwork
s_guzman
Sabrina G Member Since: May 24, 2018
12 of 16

Hi Jackie,

I am having your exact same problem.  I keep on doing proposals but I have not got a job yet.

Hopefully someone will give us some tip.

Have a nice day.

Sabrina

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
13 of 16

Hi Sabrina,

Sorry to hear that. I can understand that it can be really hard not winning jobs like you expect to. It can be difficult at first, but you just have to be persistent and not give up. You can update your profile and edit your profile overview, expand it with your new skills and experiences. Take a few tests and add some portfolio items to showcase the new skills you have acquired. You may want to consider checking out these helpful blog articles to help you write winning proposals, improve your profile and tips on how to be successful on Upwork. We could advise you to submit proposals only for jobs you are sure to have the required skills set and experience for. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
boshoffirene
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
14 of 16

I've been around the proverbial Upwork block for quite some time...nowhere near 500 hours...and in my line of work, it will take quite some time. It has never stopped me from applying to, or getting, contracts, though. Hang in there.

s_guzman
15 of 16

Thank you Irene B for your advice.

As you can see I had left any hope but here I am back again.

s_guzman
16 of 16

Thank you Bojan,

Here I am trying again after two years. My new goal is getting that job.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS