🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I am new to up work and have submitted so...
Page options
10a4c0ff
Community Member

I am new to up work and have submitted so many proposal but till now no response from even a single

I am new to up work and have submitted so many proposal but till now no response from even a single client..This is so discouraging.What should i do

6 REPLIES 6
rushaine
Community Member

wish i could help but im in the same position, keep having to use real money buy connects and no luck, until i have stopped. its more discouraging because we have to use connects, they should not have to charge to apply for jobs but instead as they do take a certain percentage of our salary. Also, the clients should have a little respect to even let us know that our propsals have been declined so others wont waste connects applying for it, i agree it is frustrating. I thought coming on upwork could actually land me a job. Some people however have been lucky. 

Hi,

I am fairly new to upwork, and my specialized skills revolves around customer service and admin support. I have gotten one fixed price project that i completed like a week ago, and since then cannot land a full time job client. Like i have sent out so many proposals and no response. what am i not doing right? because so far im making my proposals look good but as i said im fairly new. If i continue using real money to buy connects over and over, without landing a job, then i would be investing in something im not reaping benefits from. please help. 

Rushaine S wrote:

Hi,

I am fairly new to upwork, and my specialized skills revolves around customer service and admin support. I have gotten one fixed price project that i completed like a week ago, and since then cannot land a full time job client. Like i have sent out so many proposals and no response. what am i not doing right? because so far im making my proposals look good but as i said im fairly new. If i continue using real money to buy connects over and over, without landing a job, then i would be investing in something im not reaping benefits from. please help. 

This isn't the right platform if you're only looking for full-time jobs. Most of the projects are one-off. 

By full time, i mean a project longer than three months that pays hourly etc.

Rushaine S wrote:
By full time, i mean a project longer than three months that pays hourly etc.

Ah you mean long-term. They are out there and a few weeks ago I won a project that is ongoing. Just keep searching and trying using proposals and profiles that stand out. 

robin_hyman
Community Member

Andy:

You're in a competitive field. Try expanding your skillset or just be patient. There are thousands of freelancers on this platform and not as many clients. Your profile has to stand out. Your proposals have to stand out. Once you land a few jobs, it will get easier. 

It took me a few weeks before I landed my first job more than 2 years ago, obviously pre-COVID. 

Be optimistic!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths