jessiiyh

I am not freelancer

Hi !

Can i work upwork if i am a particular ? I have no company, no VAT number or tax info W-8BEN. I would like to work to earn a little more money and receive this money on paypal. Is it possible ?

Thx.
4 REPLIES 4
jmeyn

@Hamla J wrote:
Hi !

Can i work upwork if i am a particular ? I have no company, no VAT number or tax info W-8BEN. I would like to work to earn a little more money and receive this money on paypal. Is it possible ?

Thx.

Hamla,

Whatever you earn, regardless of where you earn it, is taxable income. Legally you are required to report your earnings to your tax authorities in Belgium.

You may then want to have one of your many friends have a look at your profile and correct the English.

mtngigi

@Hamla J wrote:
Hi !

Thx.

If you establish a profile and bid on jobs, you will be considered a freelancer, and as was already said, you will be responsible for keeping track of your income and paying taxes on that income.

colettelewis

@Hamla J wrote:
Hi !

Thx.
Yes, you can set up payment via Upwork with Paypal. However, if you start working for yourself and do not declare your intentions to your government, you are likely to get caught and heavily fined. If you want to set up on your own, you must be professional about it. 
You need to be eighteen years old to have an account with Upwork, and you also need some genuine skills to offer clients.
carolyngomes

Hi Hamla,

The W8-BEN info is simply to verify that you are not a US person, and therefore liable for US taxes. All you need to enter there is your legal name and address.

~Carolyn
Upwork