cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not getting any reply from clients

Jahid H Member Since: Aug 5, 2017
1 of 7

Hi I am Jahid Hasan,

Created account on upwork almost 6 months, Now I have 100% Job Success and completed 13 jobs but all of my clients come from others market place or I didn't get them by applying for jobs.

Now the problem is I am not getting any reply from any clients while applying for new jobs not a single reply.

I don't know if they have seen my job application or not.I have Submitted 200+ Proposals but didn't get a single reply.

Is it a upwork bug or have problem with my profile and skills

Any help would be helpful.

Thanks \Jahid Hasan

Muzamil A Member Since: Mar 1, 2010
2 of 7

Actually, upwork has a new underground system of job application scruitiny.  They may of the view that we are easing things for clients to get hire the talent without looking at many applications.  So, they usually hide the most of applications and put them under Archive for a small reason (disqualification prescribed by client).

For example, if a client knowingly or uknowingly clicks on Only Freelancer (needed) a job application from an agency contractor will be archived.  This is what happening to me, I am Top Rated and have 100% success rate but still I am no more getting interview from any client.  And on elance, I was usually getting an interview in two or three days, you can say more than 4 interviews a week and my hiring rate was 70% on the inivtes I got there.

Since we have a new website upwork with increased feeses and new regulations, things are getting harder.  They in papers thought they are developing a better website for clients and contractors, so they develope things like Top Rated etc, but in practically no benefit for high ranked and qualified contractors, this is my experience.

There could be reason of higher fees may caused clients to higher people onsite and prefering not to use online websites due to end of Elance specially, as I know other websites which are not so competitive and upwork is almost similar to those, so I can say there is no good website to get jobs online now.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
3 of 7

@Muzamil A wrote:

Actually, upwork has a new underground system of job application scruitiny.  They may of the view that we are easing things for clients to get hire the talent without looking at many applications.  So, they usually hide the most of applications and put them under Archive for a small reason (disqualification prescribed by client).

Lol :-)

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Vitaliy K Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
4 of 7

thats true, no job boards at all, should we create one ? For the last 3 years, no long term clients at all, only some not adequate...

PS And I do not know why, but upwork display that I am member since 2015, when in real I am since 2013.

Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
5 of 7

Hello Jahid,

Unfortunately, your account has been suspended permanently due to unsuccessful campaign. Our decision is based on a careful review and the fact that you have submitted a high number of proposals for jobs on our site without many contracts or earnings. This means the jobs posted by clients are not a good match for your skills. We wish you good luck for your future endeavors outside of Upwork.

Untitled
Jahid H Member Since: Aug 5, 2017
6 of 7

What is this? Did you mean my upwork prfile have suspended?

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
7 of 7

They kill off robo bidders.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS