🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I am not getting hired although my profile de...
Page options
sohitdangol53
Community Member

I am not getting hired although my profile description is good and i got a decent portfolio. Is it n

Is it normal to not get hired although my profile description is good and everythings good too. I got a decent portfolio too. I have been in upwork for like a month. I have used my all connects too. Help me. 

Any kind suggestiuons would be appreciated.

Thank you,

"I will attach my profile screenshot & link too to review if its not visible on site"

Profile Link 

Portfolio Profile Link 

3 REPLIES 3
stefanm_94
Community Member

petra_r
Community Member

Sohit D wrote:

Is it normal to not get hired although my profile description is good and everythings good too.

Your profile is not "bad" - but it's by no means "good" at all. It is generic, like the profile of most of the tens of thousands of other freelancers in your category. Nothing makes you stand out, there is nothing special about it, and chances are, your proposals are just as generic. Clients tend to get dozens of proposals, if you don't stand out, you will not get hired, it's as simple as that.

It is also a fatal mistake not to have portfolio on your profile. Clients want to see everything on the profile and not run around the web visiting external links.

If I want to hire any creative person, if they don't have their portfolio on their profile, I move on right away.

And it actually *is* normal. Most new freelancers never win a job or earn a single Dollar, mostly for the same reason: Poor profile, no or unimpressive portfolio, generic proposals and the inability to see that an "ok" profile does not cut it in one of the most competitive categories on an incredibly competitive platform.

robin_hyman
Community Member

I agree your profile needs work.  You're a designer, show your designs.  List examples of the work you specialize in.  Change your profile title to something that will stand out.  You're among thousands on the platform who have more experience on and off Upwork.  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths