🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I am not getting work on Upwork. what sho...
Page options
nisha010
Community Member

I am not getting work on Upwork. what should I do ?

Hello There! hope you all are doing great! I have made my profile on Upwork, 10 days ago. I had sent around 20 proposals but gets nothing. provide me a better solution. so that I can get my first job on upwork. 

Thanks.  

9 REPLIES 9
NikolaS

Hi Nisha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Welcome to Upwork!  Please know that submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or interviewed, but you shouldn't give up on sending proposals to potential clients. When you apply for jobs, make sure your proposal is well written and that you're absolutely qualified and certain of your ability to complete the job you're applying for.

You may want to check this webinar and help article to help you drastically increases your chances of winning the best projects:

You can visit our events and webinar page to register for upcoming events or watch recordings of past events. For more helpful articles feel free to check this page

~ Nikola
Upwork

Greetings,

It's been a while since I am sending proposals, unfortunately, no one is interviewing me. I have sent 50+ proposals out of which half of them are archived. I want to know the reasons, why is this so? , I am not able to find the solution to it, Can anyone help me with this. Thanks in advance.

Good afternoon Ali,

I'm new to Upwork as well, but I did notice that your profile is set to private.  Perhaps switching to a public profile will help acquire some new interest.  Good luck in achieving your proposal goals and have a great day!

Jennifer

nisha010
Community Member

Hello there Nikola!

I am a digital marketing SEO expert. I am giving you some of my proposals for review. you can check and let me know, where I went wrong in that. 

pls, find the attachment. this would work better than reading these articles.

hope you will reply! 

Thanks  

lysis10
Community Member

Nobody believes anything on your profile. That is your problem. And the "we" cuz uhh yeah.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Nisha L wrote:

Hello There! hope you all are doing great! I have made my profile on Upwork, 10 days ago. I had sent around 20 proposals but gets nothing. provide me a better solution. so that I can get my first job on upwork. 

Thanks.  

If you made your Upwork profile 10 days ago, why does one of your cover letters tell them to check your odesk test scores? That's very odd. 

Some feedback: your proposals are generic and don't really tell me you have the skills or expertise to do the job. You also don't discuss your process of working on the job and how hiring you will benefit me, other than promises of quality and satisfaction, which are just generic and meaningless. 

I'm not trying to be mean, I just want you to understand the reality that very few, if any, clients will respond to these proposals. You're in a saturated field, so you can't just say "Hi, yes, I do SEO, hire me." Which is essentially the gist of your proposals. I suggest you search through the forum for all the proposal writing tips that have been given many times over and try a complete rewrite of your proposals. 

Hope this helps. 

engineer29612
Community Member

Yah same here: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0199d90b12808394a9

I'm looking from long time for the job first 4 jobs i get quickly and currnetly from long time I'm submitting proposals for different job not getting the response 

dhananjoy72
Community Member

Hello. I am old in upwork. Actually I started work upwork from 2011. about 3 years i did not apply any job. But now I want to work again. I am jobless. I am applying more and more but not getting any response from any client. What can I do? how I get job here?Please suggest me.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Nisha,

Please start by going to the Academy link on the top of the screen and follow these beginning TIPS. Have a great day!

PROFILE: Always complete your Upwork Profile before applying for Jobs. Create a Title and Skills to apply for Jobs to match what Clients are searching for. Use one or two of the Skill keywords in the Title to emphasize what you bring to the table for the Client. Create 3 or 4 short paragraphs in the Summary. If the Summary is too long, most Clients will not read the rest of your Profile; too short then there isn't enough information for a Client to hire. Use all 15 Skills IF they apply. The Skills are used to assist a Client in locating your Profile via search. Add your Portfolio and always use a colorful image. Consider adding a Project Catalog if it applies. By the way, it goes without saying make sure that your Profile Settings are on Public not Private so others can view the Profile.

COVER LETTER: Create a flexible cover letter that is less than 100 words. Long cover letters rarely get read, but instead are ignored. Break the cover letter into four sections. Section 1 : Acknowledge the job that you are applying for such as "Looking forward to discussing your graphics design project". Section 2: Highlight your validations stamps IE skills that are brought to their project. Section 3 Explain how you will solve their problem and the final section request an Upwork Zoom call to discuss their project.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths