cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not getting work on Upwork. what should I do ?

nisha010
Nisha B Member Since: May 22, 2021
1 of 6

Hello There! hope you all are doing great! I have made my profile on Upwork, 10 days ago. I had sent around 20 proposals but gets nothing. provide me a better solution. so that I can get my first job on upwork. 

Thanks.  

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
2 of 6

Hi Nisha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Welcome to Upwork!  Please know that submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or interviewed, but you shouldn't give up on sending proposals to potential clients. When you apply for jobs, make sure your proposal is well written and that you're absolutely qualified and certain of your ability to complete the job you're applying for.

You may want to check this webinar and help article to help you drastically increases your chances of winning the best projects:

You can visit our events and webinar page to register for upcoming events or watch recordings of past events. For more helpful articles feel free to check this page

~ Nikola

Untitled
ali-hassan23
Ali H Member Since: May 31, 2020
3 of 6

Greetings,

It's been a while since I am sending proposals, unfortunately, no one is interviewing me. I have sent 50+ proposals out of which half of them are archived. I want to know the reasons, why is this so? , I am not able to find the solution to it, Can anyone help me with this. Thanks in advance.

nisha010
Nisha B Member Since: May 22, 2021
4 of 6

Hello there Nikola!

I am a digital marketing SEO expert. I am giving you some of my proposals for review. you can check and let me know, where I went wrong in that. 

pls, find the attachment. this would work better than reading these articles.

hope you will reply! 

Thanks  

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 6

Nobody believes anything on your profile. That is your problem. And the "we" cuz uhh yeah.

a_lipsey
Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
6 of 6

Nisha L wrote:

Hello There! hope you all are doing great! I have made my profile on Upwork, 10 days ago. I had sent around 20 proposals but gets nothing. provide me a better solution. so that I can get my first job on upwork. 

Thanks.  

If you made your Upwork profile 10 days ago, why does one of your cover letters tell them to check your odesk test scores? That's very odd. 

Some feedback: your proposals are generic and don't really tell me you have the skills or expertise to do the job. You also don't discuss your process of working on the job and how hiring you will benefit me, other than promises of quality and satisfaction, which are just generic and meaningless. 

I'm not trying to be mean, I just want you to understand the reality that very few, if any, clients will respond to these proposals. You're in a saturated field, so you can't just say "Hi, yes, I do SEO, hire me." Which is essentially the gist of your proposals. I suggest you search through the forum for all the proposal writing tips that have been given many times over and try a complete rewrite of your proposals. 

Hope this helps. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS