🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I am not searchable in the freelancers databa...
Page options
azoreart
Community Member

I am not searchable in the freelancers database

I just created a profile a few days ago. It is set to public. But when I search for freelancers, I can't find myself! I narrow down by pay rate and languages, and there are not results that include me. What's the problem?!

6 REPLIES 6
gaspardjack
Community Member

There is no point in trying to find yourself in search results, there are hundreds of thousands of freelancers (millions?) and search results are rotating. Better focus on building a strong profile and applying to jobs wisely.

Searching for yourself on Upwork is a rabbit hole that you don't want to go down.

Sorry, but your reply does not make sense to me. I am searching for the main keywords "children's illustrator" and I'm narrowing it down by Country, language, and pay range. I am getting 1-2 results ONLY! There aren't millions of profiles like you're saying. And the results don't include me. That makes it obvious to me that my profile is NOT visible to anyone searching for it. This is a big problem!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lana, 

Please note that search results will be different depending on who is searching. The results you see will differ from results a client gets searching for a particular job they posted. You can try tweaking your profile, add some keywords that describe what you do in your profile title and see if you get different results. 

~ Avery
Upwork
azoreart
Community Member

It makes no sense to me that I wouldn't be able to find my own profile. I am searching for the main keywords "children's illustrator" and I'm narrowing it down by Country, language, and pay range. I am getting 1-2 results ONLY! And the results don't include me. That makes it obvious to me that my profile is NOT visible to anyone searching for it. This is a big problem!

mtngigi
Community Member

Lana A wrote:

It makes no sense to me that I wouldn't be able to find my own profile. I am searching for the main keywords "children's illustrator" and I'm narrowing it down by Country, language, and pay range. I am getting 1-2 results ONLY! And the results don't include me. That makes it obvious to me that my profile is NOT visible to anyone searching for it. This is a big problem!

It's not a big problem - you do come up in a search. As Avery stated, it does depend on who is doing the searching. You should also be aware that freelance profiles are routinely rotated so that we all get a fair chance to be found in client searches.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths