Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am still awake to see my "Rising Talent" Badge

shihab0915
Community Guru
Shihab-Ul H Member Since: Aug 20, 2016
1 of 12

I always try to my best level everyday & always follow Upwork's system. I started my journey on Upwork from eight months ago. As a beginner I have to struggle too much to getting jobs. I always dreamed being a Rising Talent. I have been reading all the Help Articles & Community Discussions. I have found somewhere in this Community that is- "Most of the cases after completion 5 projects a freelancer gets Rising Talent Badge". Upto last night (March 03, 2017) I have worked 88 Hours & I have successfully completed my 5th project. After completing my 5th project I can't sleep at all, when I am trying to do that it seems to me that Upwork send a mail, I awake up & again check my mail & Upwork profile and that is happened by cyclically whole night. Today is March 04 & still I am awake but how much time I have to awake?

Thanks

stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
2 of 12

I can't remember the exact number required to get a JSS, but I would have thought it was five jobs to get a JSS rather than a rising talent badge... if you haven't got the rising talent badge by now, I'm not sure if you will. But even if it is five jobs to get a rising talent badge, keep in mind that there's a bit more to it than just the number of jobs completed...

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Become-a-Rising-Talent

And keep in mind... if it is five jobs to get a JSS, it's only calculated every two weeks, not as soon as the job is completed.

Now get back to bed!

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
shihab0915
Community Guru
3 of 12

Thank you very much for your time.

I believe it will appear very soon.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 12

Hi Shihab-Ul H,

I believe you're referring to getting a Job Success Score since Rising Talent status is assigned to freelancer who don't have any history on Upwork. Note that it's likely you'll receive a score tomorrow after 12pm UTC time, so you can read more about the score's calculation here.

Untitled

View solution in original post

shihab0915
Community Guru
5 of 12

Oh my God! Really? I became so glad. 

Thank you so much

reinierb
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
6 of 12

@Shihab-Ul H wrote:

Oh my God! Really? I became so glad. 

Thank you so much

Not wanting to rain on your parade, but dependig how well (or otherwise) your jobs went off, you may be less than thrilled with the JSS you receive. Here's hoping for the best though!

shihab0915
Community Guru
7 of 12

Correct you are & I am also thinking about the client's Private Feedback. Whatever it may be, I will be right here trying to provide my best service always.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
8 of 12

@Reinier B wrote:

Not wanting to rain on your parade, but dependig how well (or otherwise) your jobs went off, you may be less than thrilled with the JSS you receive. Here's hoping for the best though!

LOL These people really need to be careful what they wish for. This one in particular is going to be disappointed me thinks.

stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
9 of 12

I'm going with high 70's. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
10 of 12

Get in line, bub. That was my guess. Around 75%. Got his profile opened just to see if my magic 8 ball is right.

inmb4 rant that jss is wrong and clients are leaving because of the fees and freelancers get the short end of the stick and omg life is so hard playing wow at 3am and picking up jobs when I feel like it but def jss is out to get freelancers.