🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I am trying to reach IT but it keeps redirect...
Page options
8ecdf165
Community Member

I am trying to reach IT but it keeps redirecting me here, this is really frustrating!

I go by my middle name, but my ID obviously has my full name on it, the help article says to verify my account via my DL manually, but when I click on the link it leads me to this help discussion

9 REPLIES 9
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael, 

I checked your account and can see that the team updated your support ticket with more information about your verification. Please check your ticket to know how you can verify your location. 

~ Avery
Upwork
8ecdf165
Community Member

how long does it usually take to respond? I got the first response as if they didn't actually read my email, then I replied this morning before 7am, and have yet to get a response 12 hours later. thoughts?

Hello Michael, 

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will get in touch with you shortly.

Thank you.

Untitled

after several tries to reach out to the rep, they never responded and have marked my issue as resolved. I am not sure what to do at this point since I have no way of applying for jobs and there is no number to call, there is no other email to email, I have just been waiting for nearly the full work week and there is little to no response beyond this forum.

Hi Michael,

I see that one of our agents sent you a message yesterday offering an alternative way to verify your identity. Please, use the secure link they provided to complete the verification.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I am happy to do so, but I was never sent this link. Since I go by my middle name, can I retain that in my profile? or will this change my first name?

I am happy to do so, but I was never sent this link. Since I go by my middle name, can I retain that in my profile? or will this change my first name?

I just completed it, and it says 3-4 business days, so from begining to end this process will have taken over a week and will disalow me the opportunity to apply for jobs. is there any way to rush this, and can someone please just call me and work through this, cause I am going back and forth between several systems and apperently some people are sending messages that are not getting to me...

I just got that message a few minutes ago btw, I just wanted to let you know

Michael,

The team will review the documents you submitted for verification as soon as possible and will update you via the ticket request. They will also advise you regarding your profile name. You can access your support requests any time on this page

Sorry about the delay.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths