🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I can't access settings
Page options
2eb677f4
Community Member

I can't access settings

Hi,

I did my sign up through Google, and now when I try to go to settings to change my VAT, it asks me for the password. But, since I've signed in through Google I can't put my password and I can't access to settings.

Is it possible to change my google sign in to an email sign in or there is another way to solve this problem?

Thank you very much,

Simao

54 REPLIES 54
AndreaG

Hi Simao,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
1917c3d6
Community Member

I have the same issue, could I get help on this too please.

Hi Marc,

I shared your issue with the rest of our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have full access to my account through Gmail but can't access the setting. I forget my security question and after it says "You've reached the maximum number of tries. To reset your Security Question, click "Forgot your answer" below." .After clicking "Forgot your answer" I can't get any mail or any response. Please HELP!.

Hello Shahrukh,

I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork

I have the same issue plz help me too. I can login with my google account, but i dont have any user name and password for my account

my email is **Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Baqir,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you with your accessing your account.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
29c474be
Community Member

Same Issue !!

I did my sign up through Google, and now when I try to go to settings, it asks me for the password. But, since I've signed in through Google I can't put my password and I can't access to settings.

Hi Insha,

I have checked your account and I can see that you were able to log in. Can you please let me know what are you trying to access on your account so that I can assist you accordingly? If you can provide me a screenshot of the error you're receiving that would be extremely helpful. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
70f26b32
Community Member

a lot people have the same issue here, just answer here la. why need ticket ticket. 

a72d4c7c
Community Member

Hi, I also have this issue. Could I also get some help?

The site just keeps crashing, clearly this needs looking into properly! 

Thank you 

Amy 

Hi Amy,

Have you tried clearing your browser’s cookies or using a different browser? If the issue still persists, could you please share the following information so that we can forward it to our team to be investigated further?

• Browser/s used
  • Browser version
  • Machine’s OS
  • Machine’s OS version
  • Screengrab of the issue
  • Additional details that may help us/the team investigate your concern better

~ AJ
Upwork
d2747168
Community Member

I'm facing this issue and currently solved

Hi Albert,

Glad to hear that the issue is solved now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork
2e69e1de
Community Member

I'm facing the same issue as well. Please help

Hi Zain,

I checked your account and it looks like you were already able to log in. Could you please provide more details about the issue if you're still experiencing it? Please include a screenshot of any error you're seeing.

~Andrea
Upwork
59ee536e
Community Member

Hello , 

i have the same issue , i can't reach the settings after login with gmail , it ask me to re-enter password but i have no password to put because i have logged in with my gmail . can you help me to solve this problem ?

Thank you

Hi Hakim,

All accounts have a password set at some point in the past. If you use Google Sign in, we only ask for your Upwork password if we need to verify your identity. Check out this help article to learn how to reset your password. 

~Andrea
Upwork
59ee536e
Community Member

Hello Andrea ,

i changed my password , but when it ask me to re-enter my password to reach settings , my new password is not accepted .

Thank you

Hi Hakim,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
f83764ff
Community Member

Dear Hakim,

I have the same issue; can I get in contact with someone from support to fix the problem?

Thanks a lot in advance, regards

Davide

Hi Davide,

All accounts have a password set at some point in the past. If you use Google Sign in, we only ask for your Upwork password occasionally if we need to verify your identity. Check out this help article to learn how to reset your password. 

~Andrea
Upwork
afa61aaa
Community Member

I have the same problem: 

I did my sign up through Google, and now when I try to go to settings to change my VAT, it asks me for the password. But, since I've signed in through Google I can't put my password and I can't access to settings.

Can you provide me the instruction how to access the settings when signing in with Google.

Hi Resetic,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Upwork asks for your account password if you need to update any account specific-details such as VAT.  You would have to manually enter it in order for you to proceed. If you can't remember your password, check out this help article to learn how to reset your password. 

~ AJ
Upwork
vforvez
Community Member

I'm also having a problem both logging in and going to settings that needs a authentication code. I can log-in on my account (but it's so annoying that I'm getting a notification that "there is a recent log-in on an unkown device or browser" but I'm the only one using it and in my same workstation") but the real problem is when I'm going to settings and it still needs a code but the code doesn't send to my email which is also getting on my nerves.

Please fix this problem ASAP

Hi James,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
e47003d3
Community Member

I have the same issue! Please can you contact me with some help

e47003d3
Community Member

I can't access my setting as it says I need a password however I singed in using my Apple ID and therefore didn't create a password

Hi Esha,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I'll have one of our team members reach out to you via a support ticket. You can access this page or your email for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1004f8e4
Community Member

I am having the same issue as I can sign in with Apple ID, but can't access my account settings. Can someone help me with this?

Thanks!

Hi Josh,

Kindly expect one of our team members to reach out via a support ticket with assistance to your concern. You can access your ticket on this page for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2c021587
Community Member

I have the same problem I also issued a ticket 3 business days ago and still no reply. Can someone from here help me, please? 

Hi Dardan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e4ec977c
Community Member

I have the same issue. I can sign in with Google, but cannot access account settings. Please help.

Hi Ilya,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
bd24cc4c
Community Member

I have this same issue. How is this still a thing? I can't reset my password because it doesn't recognize my email when I login! Can I get customer service to help?

Hi Kelsey,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
bde782de
Community Member

Hello , 

i have the same issue , i can't reach the settings after login with gmail , it ask me to re-enter password but i have no password to put because i have logged in with my gmail . can you help me to solve this problem ?

Thank you

Hi Armin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths