🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I can't change my hourly rate in order to sub...
Page options
andresb0506
Community Member

I can't change my hourly rate in order to submit proposals

Hey guys, I was invited by my employer to create profile on here and be part of the Digital Coffee agency, start applying for some jobs as a freelancer, unfotunately I'm not able to change the rate from currently at $0.00 by default I guess, because I never saw the option to change it, and when I go to submit my proposal for any job post, it says I have to change my rate to at least $3.00 but when I click the link it doesn't take me to where I'm able to change it, just takes me to my profile, but the little 'pencil' is not active. Can someone please help?

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

@Andres B wrote:

Hey guys, I was invited by my employer to create profile on here and be part of the Digital Coffee agency, start applying for some jobs as a freelancer, unfotunately I'm not able to change the rate from currently at $0.00 by default I guess, because I never saw the option to change it, and when I go to submit my proposal for any job post, it says I have to change my rate to at least $3.00 but when I click the link it doesn't take me to where I'm able to change it, just takes me to my profile, but the little 'pencil' is not active. Can someone please help?

If you have been made an exclusive agency member (VERY bad move) then only the agency can change your rate.

@Petra R wrote:

If you have been made an exclusive agency member (VERY bad move) then only the agency can change your rate.

why Petra?

@Prashant P wrote:

@Petra R wrote:

If you have been made an exclusive agency member (VERY bad move)

why Petra?

Why would anyone with any skills and an ounce of sense hand over ALL control to some entity that takes a chunk of their earnings and contols who they work with, for what rate, and how they do so? Plus a significant percentage of clients will categorically not touch agency freelancers with a bargepole and delete their applications unread.

Why would someone forgo any and all protection and risk never getting paid what little is left after first Upwork and then the agency took their chunk out of it?

I'd rather go flip burgers than hand over my working life to some agency, let alone to one run by a freelancer with a rock bottom JSS.

So we have already tried doing that, but still won't let him because apparently all the team members have to have their profile completed at 60% or more. Any way to bypass that? 

Also, is there away for my boss to give me agency access and bid from there? 

Thank you!

Andres,

In order for the agency admin to change profile rate of an agency freelancer, their profile has to be completed and approved. Your agency owner can go to their Company Settings > Members & Permissions and configure your role and permissions.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths