🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: I can't receive text verification code
Page options
thanh_tung
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

Hello, Upwork

I too am having trouble verifying my number. When I get my money to my local bank, I can not get code verifying to my phone or my E-mail, I tried it in 2 days and it is the same problem. Would you be able to have a team member reach out to me as well? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Leonardo,

If you need help verifying your phone number, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

899 REPLIES 899
cris-ru
Community Member

I am creating my profile but I do not have text SMS. Is there a way to verify my phone number through a call?

Hi Cristal,

I'll share your concern with the team and they will reach out to you to help with phone verification.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Same here...

Hello William,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

Hi!, I'm having the same problem, haven't received my code...even tried with a different number and now I can't even edit the last number I entered to my personal one 😞

Thank you!

Hi Monica,

Have you entered a valid U.S. phone number to complete the verification?

~ Valeria
Upwork

I did various times, still didn't get a code.

same issue here. i have not received any verification code 

Hi Manikandan,

Have you entered a valid U.S. phone number to complete the verification?

~ Goran
Upwork

I am having the same problem. I have a landline, no texting.....

Hi Renee,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am not getting a verification text. Please contact me as soon as possible at **Edited for community guidelines**

@ Alex P. --

Two problems with your profile:

(1) Your profile picture is a cartoon, not a photo of you, yourself.

(2) You list your location as United States, but the time zone (EST + 8 hours) would appear to make it impossible that you live in either the mainland US, Alaska, Hawaii, or US territories.

It’s not a cartoon it’s an ‘icon’ but ok, if you’d like me to provide a
headshot then I’ll add that.

The time zone doesn’t explain why I’m not getting an SMS to my cell number.

@ Alex --

The time zone inconsistencies tell me that the information on your profile is false.

Also, in re the "icon" : It's not a question of what "[I] want." You aren't doing me any special favors by replacing your icon with a real photograph. You are simply bringing your profile into conformation with Upwork policy.

Hi Alex,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you directly, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

My phone doesn't receive text.  Looks like I won't be using UpWork.   =/

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David,

We'll have one of our agents get in touch with you to assist you with this, thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork
dstraigh
Community Member

Thanks.  Would you happen to know when and how I'll be contacted?  

I can't get one either.  I entered a valid U.S. phone number  What should I do?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Poppy.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I don't have texting ability

Hi Mike,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket in verifying your phone number. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, 

I am also not recive Two-Step Verification code over mobile phone number and as well in my email account.

Hi Bhawna,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification code. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you!!

Hi, I am having the same issue. I have a valid UK phone number and have tried with multiple numbers multiple times and now I can no longer change numbers and it STILL isn't working.

Please could you assist me with this?

Hi Greg,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a email to assist you further with your phone verification. Thank you. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

I am from Kazakhstan and can not varify my phone number, how can I fix it?

Hi Sarah,

I checked and it looks like you were able to verify your phone number already! If you need any further assistance please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork

Same problem here, entered my valid US number but not recieveing my verification code

Hi Benjamin, 

We wanted to check if you still needed assistance with verifying your phone number? 

~ Avery
Upwork
brijraj99
Community Member

I have already raised a support ticket for you, this is the second time, I have not got the verification code on my mobile number, how can I get it?

Hi Brijraj,

Please, make sure you are entering correct phone number for your account as you follow the verification steps. Are you receiving any errors as you request the code again?

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello - I cannot receive my text verification code either. Anyone able to help? Thanks!

Hello Kristina,

I have escalated your concern. One of our team representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

I am having a similar issue where I wont get the verification code. No matter how many times I re-submit it, I dont recieve any codes and can't move on in the site.

Hi Isabell,

Our team will assist you on your open ticket shortly, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Same problem all afternoon. Please advise.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths