🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: I can't receive text verification code
Page options
thanh_tung
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

Hello, Upwork

I too am having trouble verifying my number. When I get my money to my local bank, I can not get code verifying to my phone or my E-mail, I tried it in 2 days and it is the same problem. Would you be able to have a team member reach out to me as well? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Leonardo,

If you need help verifying your phone number, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

899 REPLIES 899

Hi Cody,

Upon checking, it looks like you were able to successfully verify your phone number. Let us know if you have any other issues, thanks!

~Nina

I'm having the same issue. SMS verification isn't really the best option to me anyways because I work at a place that does not have the ability to accept SMS messages (no cell signal). But I traversed out to a place where I could do the SMS authentication for my profile and the text never comes through no matter how many times I try to verify. Please advise. Thank you. 

-Steph **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Stephanie,

We're sorry to hear that you are having issues with your phone verification. A member of our team will reach out to you via ticket to assist you directly. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am having the same issue. The resend verification code is no longer available to click. I put the correct US number but i am just not getting a text.

Hi Danielle,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am having the same issues. I didn't receive a text message verification code. Anyone able to help? Thanks!

Hi Gaji,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with verifying your phone number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jaimewjr
Community Member

I have the same issue!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi James, 

I've shared your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

I'm also having the same issue,   I cannot verify my (US Mobile) phone number.    I've tried on 2 desktop browsers and also my iPhone.   The issue is the button doesn't not "click", I see it, but it doesn't respond.

I have tried entering this number in all sort of different formats, it just doens't work.

Hi Ruben, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
eliz_weni
Community Member

I am having the same issue. I enter my phone number and then click to verify. Nothing happens.

Hi Elizabeth,

One of our team members will reach out to you and assist you further with verifying your phone number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have same proble, I dont receive sms, maybe there is option to receive call with code to my US number?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jen,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you further with your phone verification process, thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am also not getting a verification code through. I have tried my number my moms my brothers...none of them work?

Hi Austin, 

I shared your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can assist you with your phone verification. I apologise if this has caused you any inconvenience.

~ Avery
Upwork

I need to verify my mobile number to open an account. However, my text message box is closed because I travel overseas as an International Business Consultant. Can someone help me by verifying my mobile via email? Thanks, Dr. C

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Carmen,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket to assist you with your phone verification. 

If you are travelling and are away from your country of residence temporarily,  you don’t need to update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly.  If however, you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving some place, then you should make updates to your account location. Also, it's recommended that you check with a legal adviser if you need a certain type of visa or a work permit to be able to work on Upwork while travelling.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

Thank you, so much for your feedback and advice. I will only be doing my freelance contracts on upwork when I am not working overseas.

Best,
Dr. C
e7be1449
Community Member

Right now, I'm using a landline because my cellphone is out for warranty service, which will take at least a few days, and they might have to replace it, which will take longer. Can someone just call me with a verification code?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chris,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your request to our support team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
e7be1449
Community Member

Thanks, Bojan! 🙂

I’m also unable to verify my account. I’ve checked and double checked my phone number but don’t get any messages.

Hi Tristan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with verifying your phone number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran V,
Thanks I have received an email.
fpetra
Community Member

Same here.

I could "hack it" going straight to the setting page, and succeeded, but every time I try to do something I get redirected to the "Create Profile" page to verify it again. 

Thanks!

Hi Franco, 

One of our agents will contact you directly and assist you in verifying your phone number. We appreciate your patience. 

Hi,

I cannot received a text message to verify my new account.  I there another solution?

Stan

Hi Stan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm also not receiving my text verification code.  I've tried multiple times.  There seems to be no help to contact.  What should I do?

Hi Jessica, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I also haven't received any verification code. I tried the "resend" option but it disappeared and now I only have the option to change my phone number (which obviously I don't want to do). I live in the U.S. and have a U.S. phone number.

Hi Lisa,

Just to confirm that you`ve already verified your phone and your profile is accepted. If you have any additional questions let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi I also haven't received the text so I cannot finish creating my profile. Emailed you but no answer. Appreciate it if I could get help?

Hi Ryutaro,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My problem was I don't do texting and there is no other option such as email. As a result of a telephone call my issue was resolved when I spoke to a real person.

I never recieved your email reply but thank you for the attempt.  MK

Now I know posting questions here is the best way to get solution. Mine was resolved by talking to a person from a relevant department thanks to Gran's help. Thank you so much! 

jptanaro
Community Member

Hi, I can't receive neither the verification code on my phone or my email.

I already created a support ticket yesterday but they are not answering me and I have to answer a job proposal. Please help me. This is not the account with the issue, I created another one

Hi, I'm not receiving the 6 digit code for the verification in upwork. Both email and telephone are correct but I don't receive it. This is not the account with the problem. I created a new one to create this.

I already did a support ticket but no one is answering me

I need to answer to a job proposal and I can't login. This will affect my job responsiveness score and I can't do anything about it. Can you help me?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths