🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I can't see a bonus
Page options
eric5037
Community Member

I can't see a bonus

Hi, 

I did a job today and it was a 10$ fixed price contract, very low but I took it as I thought it would take 1 hour at most. 

It cost more than that and I kept the client informed every step of the way because I like my clients to know what's happening and may be a bonus, who knows...

The fact is that I resolved "surprises" one by one and finally submitted my work to that client. I didn't even ask for a bonus but he gave me one and a good one: 30$ which means 40$ instead of 10$. 

Very happy client, excellent work, very good feedback (you can verify it). perfect!!!

But .. and there is always a "but", right? 

even if I see that job, its feedback and the corresponding 40$ in my profile, I don't see that money in my reports/overview. 

What am I missing?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Eric,

I just checked your account and I can confirm that the bonus as well as the payment are still in the Pending Phase. You can check it here. Your earnings will become available after the 5-day security period. Thank you!

Untitled

@Ryan C wrote:

Hello Eric,

I just checked your account and I can confirm that the bonus as well as the payment are still in the Pending Phase. You can check it here. Your earnings will become available after the 5-day security period. Thank you!

Thanks, Ryan. Now I see.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Eric:

If you are paid a bonus, there will be a record of it here:

Upwork -> Reports -> [click on name of contract]

Every financial transaction associated with a contract is listed... including automatic payments for hourly contracts, milestone payments, and bonus payments.

If you don't see a bonus there, you were not paid a bonus for that contract.

Also, you should receive notification from Upwork whenever you receive a bonus payment.

@Preston H wrote:

Eric:

If you are paid a bonus, there will be a record of it here:

Upwork -> Reports -> [click on name of contract]

Every financial transaction associated with a contract is listed... including automatic payments for hourly contracts, milestone payments, and bonus payments.

If you don't see a bonus there, you were not paid a bonus for that contract.

Also, you should receive notification from Upwork whenever you receive a bonus payment

Thanks, Preston. 

Everything's fine. I was once used to "double-entry accounting system" but here's, it's not the same (without even talking about current euro-dollar exchange rates). Just have to get used to that big number of lines (when it's not code, I lose myself a little bit). 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths