🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I can't see the profiles of the recruiters, e...
Page options
52e52a0f
Community Member

I can't see the profiles of the recruiters, even some of them are upwork client plus.

I can't see the profiles of the recruiters, even some of them are upwork client plus. I get all their stats but I don't know where to look for the company's name or the manager's name.

2 REPLIES 2
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

You can't and don't need to see the company's name or the manager's name; this is to prevent freelancers from Googling their contact information and potentially taking jobs off the platform and/or harassing clients. Starting your proposal with "hello" is fine. If a client is interested in working with you, they'll send you a message and then you can start asking questions about their business. 

In fact, you should be very wary of clients who tell you the name of their company in the job description; there are scammers on Upwork who will lie about working for a big company as part of trying to con you.

As another bit of information, "Upwork Plus" doesn't mean that a client is more trustworthy or better to work for. Clients don't have to do anything to get this designation apart from paying a small fee (and sometimes not even that; they got it as a free promotional offer).

933ed4a7
Community Member

This was my concern too especially when I want to draft my cover letter for a job proposal. Is well understood now, thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths