🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I can't upload a photo due to a stalker
Page options
arinanimates
Community Member

I can't upload a photo due to a stalker

Hi everyone,

Since I've had issues with a stalker in the past, I'm highly uncomfortable with uploading my image to any sort of social media or similar. Since I have yet to post my art to anything they may have access to, my artwork social medias are a safe place for me, and I'd really hate to lose that over a profile image.

I was looking forward to working on upwork, but am not sure what to do now. Is there anything I can do? I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
browersr
Community Member

First, this is terrible to hear and I am very sorry you are dealing with that. UW themselves will obviously need to comment on what if anything is possible. 

That said and you should be aware that with UW there is no way for someone to contact you or post about you without going through the hiring process. In other words people cannot just come in here and post comments on your profile. The comments you see are only from paying clients. The only way for a potential client to reach out to a freelancer is to post a job of which you specifically apply to. They could also directly invite you. You do have "Block" privileges on any client who you don't want to hear from again. 

You obviously don't need to post here in the forums but I absolutely assure you, even as a non-UW employee, that harassment of any kind is not going to be tolerated here in the forum. The moderators are excellent and ever-present. The community here has many long-time members. Harassment isn't going to happen.

Overall UW is a place to conduct business and isn't like a social network with comments, pics, etc. The only contact you need to have is with actual clients whom you wish to conduct business with (and they you).

Good luck.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Arin W wrote:

Hi everyone,

Since I've had issues with a stalker in the past, I'm highly uncomfortable with uploading my image to any sort of social media or similar. Since I have yet to post my art to anything they may have access to, my artwork social medias are a safe place for me, and I'd really hate to lose that over a profile image.

I was looking forward to working on upwork, but am not sure what to do now. Is there anything I can do? I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks

I understand you don't feel comfortable putting your picture on your profile, but then maybe upwork is not for you, there are other sites that don't require it. Upwork does, and people how don't do it or use the picture of a stranger have their profiles suspended. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths