🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I cannot Login / Signup with my Google Ac...
Page options
7ab55760
Community Member

I cannot Login / Signup with my Google Account

It shows the Error 

Google account g...@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.

when i sign up 

and it says 

Account already in user

243 REPLIES 243
NikolaS

Hi Gopinath,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via an email to assist you further with the issue you are experiencing. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
7e9f9799
Community Member

Hello, I got the same issue with my business account. I deleted such account for mistake and now I cannot recreate it with the same email. 

Please send me a PM to let me communicate my email address privately.

Thanks in advance

Hi Riccardo,

Could you please send me a private message with the Upwork username or registered email address of the account in question so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello. I tried to login with my gmail but got the same issue. Created new account just to ask my question. Could you please help me to restore my account?

Hi Anatoly,

Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with your Upwork username or registered email address to better assist you today?

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Hey,
I also face to same problem .I login with different account for find out any solution for this considance?

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request, including a username and email address of the account you need help with? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi I have problem that I can't log in I have an account, but I am receiving this:
Google account k...@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.

Hi Kristaps,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello, I have the same problem.. I have just deleted my account to change it from client then I'm trying to sign up using the same account but it doesn't... and when I try to sign in it says that such an account does not exist.

Hi Omar,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a2dee0c5
Community Member

hi Nikola 

I have just deleted my account to change it from client then I'm trying to sign up using the same account but it doesn't... and when I try to sign in it says that such an account does not exist.

Hi Thien,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? 

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello, I am having the same issue as the original poster for this thread, my gmail that I had previously used for my upwork account says that it is not connected with an upwork account. I haven't received any emails regarding this and I have checked my spam folder.
Any help would be appreciated

Hi there, 

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Facing Same Issue Please help

Hi

I tried to log in with my Gmail but got the same issue. Created a new account just to ask my question. Could you please help me to restore my account?

It shows the Error 

Google account k...9@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.

when I sign up 

and it says 

Account already in user

My email: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

name: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks

Thank you for your message,

I have reached out to the team handling your concern and one of the team members will be in touch directly via a support ticket with assistance on how to proceed with your request. You can check here or your email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork

hello, I deleted my upwork account in order to create a new account for this mail, but I get this message

- "That Google account is not recognized on Upwork."

I created this account to ask for help

Hi Karyton,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account and email you are referring to? 

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Ahmad,

I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
70cd2003
Community Member

Hello Nikola

Even I am facing the same problem with my previous account. It shows "Google account s...0@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked". I had to create this new account just so that i can post this complain. Kindly solve my issue.

Hi Biet, 

Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the registered email address for the account in question? I'd be happy to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I have the same issue. Can you help me with that?

Hi Varun, 

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the email you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I am unable to sign up or log in using my Google Account. The error is visible. The Google account **Edited for Community Guidelines** is not accepted by Upwork for Google Sign-In. Ensure that you are logging in with the same account that you previously linked.

It reads "Account already in user" when I sign up. I would be grateful if you could help me with this.

Hi Peter,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message so I can assist you further with this?

~Andrea
Upwork

hello i have also same issue with my upwork account.
I can't access it using my google account.
"you have not activated the Google sign in method for this account"

i hope you could help me, thanks

Hi Aldrin,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account in question?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Same issue. Can someone help me?

Hello, I got the same issue with my google business account. I deleted such account as a mistake and now I cannot recreate it with the same email. It give me wierd error messages when I try to sign up or log in.

Please help me fix this as I want to use my work email and not my yahoo email for business.

Hi Aiden,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for deleted account?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
db23bb9e
Community Member

Hi! I have the same issue. I can log in with my email but not my google account. Except it give an error code. "not recognised on upwork". My email and my google account are not the same.

Hi Danielle,

I see you didn't activate the Google Sign-In on your account so you can only log in with your email address. Could you please share more information about your issue? Are you referring to another account?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
85833db3
Community Member

Hi,

I am also same problem I can't login with my account so I created a new one for contacting with you guys.

When I try to login with my google account it shows me error like this: 

'Google account <email> is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.'

And I even can't create a new account with that email its says there's already an account with this email.

Please help me.

Thank you

Hi Amit,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

Please know that freelancers aren’t allowed to have multiple accounts as this is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. You can always reach out to us directly on any social media you prefer and we will be happy to help.

~ Nikola
Upwork
1967a208
Community Member

Hello Sir, I am facing an error while trying to login with my gmail account **Edited for Community Guidelines**,

It says "Google account t...2@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked."

Hi Tanmay,

Thank you for your message. I see that the account linked to the shared email address has been recently closed by you.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Sir, I closed that account because i signed up with wrong account type. Now when i am trying to sign up with that account it says that email is already in use. Please help

Hi Tanmay,

I would like to confirm that this by design. Could you reach out to me via PM (click on my name) so that our team can assist you further with your original account? Please keep in mind that freelancers are allowed to have only one account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths