🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I cannot Login / Signup with my Google Ac...
Page options
7ab55760
Community Member

I cannot Login / Signup with my Google Account

It shows the Error 

Google account g...@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.

when i sign up 

and it says 

Account already in user

243 REPLIES 243

Please just help me in getting back my original account, after that i will delete this account.

Yesterday only i signed up with my account**Edited for Community Guidelines**" and found that i mistakenly signed up with wrong account type, wanted a freelancer account but signed up with client account.

So i closed my account , when i was trying to sign up, it was saying that the account is already in use.

Just opened this account to ask for solution, i will delete this account after getting back my original account.

Hi Tanmay,

Your original account is now reopened. Once you're logged in you can go to Settings and create your freelancer profile. After that our team can assist you with closing the client profile and you will continue only as a freelancer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for your help sir, I got my account back, opened a freelancer account, and as promised I closed my another account which i used to ask for solutions .😊

Hi Sir, Yesterday at night i tried to close my client account linked with the gmail account "**Edited for Community Guidelines**", but my whole account got closed, Please can you again reopen it , sorry for the inconvenience.🙏 Actually I am new on this website, and don't know much about the rules and settings .

Hi Tanmay,

Please know that freelancers aren’t allowed to have multiple accounts. We can assist you with regaining access to your old account. But you should close the new account to avoid making a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello, my friend is trying to login into her Upwork account but she can't since they are telling her that the email address does not exist and if she tries to sign up, she still can't since they are saying that the email address is already in use. Kindly help.

Hi Lindah,

Please know that we're unable to discuss another user's account with you because of privacy reasons. Please feel free to let your friend know she can reach out to us via our different support channels and we'll be happy to assist!

~Andrea
Upwork
11fb5aca
Community Member

Hello, I got the same issue with my business account. I deleted my account for mistake and now I cannot recreate it with the same email. 

Please send me email to solve this problem my email : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks in advance

Hi Ahmed,

I shared your request with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you via email as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
f10dd5e0
Community Member

Hello Nikola,

I got the same issue with my business account and cannot log in with it.

Could you please help me with this?

Thank you

Hi Pranesh,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your Upwork account. I see that you are already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
c34c85fe
Community Member

I also have the same issue, I had a inactive account few years back, now when I try to log in

Google account a..@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked, when i sign up 

and it says account already in use. Please can you help to resolve this issue. Thankyou. Just using this account to post the question and resolve.

Hi Asad,

I see that you also reached out to me via PM and I will continue to assist you there. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
4eab9348
Community Member

Hello, I have the same issue with my account. I wanted just to delete "client" account, but not the entire one. Can you please re-open it?

Hi Illia,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello once again.

Nobody contacted me since yesterday. I will text you my another work e-mail for you to help me with re-opening it.

Hi Illia, 

Our team has already reached out and is waiting on your response back. You can access your tickets on this link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes, you are right. Sorry)

Thank you for your help!

84f0bf7a
Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue....

I can't login with my Google account **Edited for Community Guidelines**

via Google login.

I created this account to be able to send this message.

I get this message:

Google account w...t@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.

Possible it's caused because a colleague who is located in another country tried to login to do a review. After that I got an email from Google asking me if it was me. I don't know if this caused the issue

Thank you very much in advance,

Marc van Riel

Hi there,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
azmatrix
Community Member

Hi,

I'm trying to sign up with Gmail and keep getting: Google account a...i@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked

Can someone help please?

Hi Azmat,

I checked your account and it doesn't look like you've set up the sign-in with Google option. You can do this in Settings > Connected Services. Please keep in mind it is against Upwork TOS to create more than one account.

~Andrea
Upwork
azmatrix
Community Member

Can someone delete the gmail account so I can change my email address to it? Right now it says the gmail address is use but I can't log into it because of the error

Azmat, could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the email address you're referring to so I could check?

~Andrea
Upwork
azmatrix
Community Member

I clicked on your name and your posts list came but your profile doesn't show when I clicke View profile. How do I send you a message?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Azmat, 

Could you please send a message by clicking on the "Send Message" option here?

~ Avery
Upwork
3a74c384
Community Member

Google account j...a@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.

I have same problem and i currently reply from different email can you please help me?

Hi Jenish,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue accessing your Upwork account. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account in question so I could forward this to the appropriate team to review?

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
21935e61
Community Member

Hi I have the same problem. 

user name is **edited for Community Guidelines**

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Levene, 

I looked into this for you, and I see that the account you mentioned is already closed. Did you want it reinstated so that you can continue using the account? 

~ Avery
Upwork
14ceb2de
Community Member

Hello Nikola,

My husband also has the same problem he has only one email add and accidentally he made a client account instead of a freelancer one. He closed his client account but now he couldn't make his new freelancer account with the same email add. 
Please help in resolving this issue. When he signs up msgs prompts "Google account a...a@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked. His email add is**Edited for community guidelines**.

Hi Sakina,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out to your husband and assist directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
1b59be7c
Community Member

Hello, I got the same issue with my account.

When I first created the account, I chose the shortcut to log in with my Google account. I thought he only used my Google email, but what I didn't know was that upwork also used the name of my Google account, which was my English name. I didn't want to register upwork with my English name. I wanted to use the name of my government ID card, so I chose to close the account, I thought I could still use my Google email to register upwork (in order to fill in the name of my ID card), but prompted me that the account is already in use, can you help me, I hope I can continue to use my Google account to register upwork,now I cannot recreate it with the same email. 

Please send me a PM to let me communicate my email address privately.

Thanks in advance

Hi Henvy,

I've sent you a PM. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
9ff65280
Community Member

I already created upwork account from previous email address. Now I cant sign in. it give a error.

Google account r...a@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.

I want to active my previous account. please help

Hi Surangika,

Could you please share the details of the account you're referring to via PM so I can check? Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
6cbaea86
Community Member

Same thing happening with , Google account c...8@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.

Hi Vyom,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue accessing your Upwork account. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the said account?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
c42db638
Community Member

Im having the same issue. When i log in its says Google account ...@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.
And when i sign up it says the email id is already in use. What to do?

Hi Mariam,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue accessing your Upwork account. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account in question?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths