🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I cannot Login / Signup with my Google Accoun...
Page options
7ab55760
Community Member

I cannot Login / Signup with my Google Account

It shows the Error 

Google account g...@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.

when i sign up 

and it says 

Account already in user

243 REPLIES 243
a49221fe
Community Member

Hello, I tried to login with my gmail but got the same issue. Created new account just to ask my question. Could you please assist me to restore my account?

Hi Felixberto,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with more details about your original account so that I can assist you further? Thank you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9135c097
Community Member

I also have the same issue with one of my account. I closed my account on mistake and now I cannot recreate it with the same email. 

Hi Hime,

Please note that users are only allowed to have one account. Having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's TOS. I can see that you've reached out to our support team with the same concern and a support ticket has been set up. Rest assured that the issue has been escalated to the appropriate team and you should be getting an update on that ticket once it's been reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9135c097
Community Member

Okay, thank you very much!

Hello, I have a similar problem with my closed account.  Iw ould like to reopen it.

When I try to log in with my gmail address, it doesnt recognize it. Also, if I try to create new account using this same gmail address, it says it is already in use. Can you please help me?

Right now I am using aa different gmail account so I can contact you guys. I need to change my email address so that I can connect upwork profile with my other peronsal businesses that use this email. Please help me as soon as possible with this! Thank you very much.

V/r,

Hime Ray

924f7e28
Community Member

Hello Nikola,

I seem to have the same problem here ,currently using a temp email address. 

Sincerely,

Nafis

Hi Nafis,

Thank you for your message. 

"Thank you for reporting this to us. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account in question?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello, I got the same issue, so I had to create another account with another email. Can you fix It so I can use my main email back?

Hello ,i need to resolve this issue." Google account j...a@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked. "

Hi Jimmy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please send me the details of the account you want to recover? You can send me a PM by clicking on my name.

~ AJ
Upwork
qsmbadri
Community Member

I cannot Login / Signup with my Google Account

It shows the Error 

Google account g...@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.

when i sign up 

and it says 

Account already in user

Hi Qasim,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
efb615ed
Community Member

Hello,

I have the same problem. Can someone help me to solve the issue?

Hi Mikasi,

I hope you're doing well this weekend! I'll have one of the team members review your report and assist you further via a support ticket. Kindly expect an update on this page or in your email once your account has been fully reviewed. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
b5d0e9cd
Community Member

Hello, I have a same problem with my account without any reason. I am so sad after seeing this message (

Google account h...3@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.) please help me to login.

Hi Haseeb,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
3dc5ddac
Community Member

Hello, I got the same issue with my account. I can't use my gmail account to access my upwork  and I recreate a new email account. and wish to use the old gmail address of mine to my new account?

Please help me. 

Thanks in advance

05e7dfe6
Community Member

Hi Nikola S,

I am also beign showed this problem can what i need to do?
I can't access my actual account please help me and delete my this account

I have been showing-

Google account a...r@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.

Hi Md Azharul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
b12ffaae
Community Member

Hello, I got the same issue with my account. I deleted such account for mistake and now I cannot recreate it with the same email. 

Please send me a PM to let me communicate my email address privately.

Thanks in advance

Hi Sebastian,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about the account you need assistance with? The email address would be extremely helpful. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
297991ba
Community Member

Hello, I got the same issue with my business account. I deleted such account for mistake and now I cannot recreate it with the same email. 

Please send me a PM to let me communicate my email address privately.

Thanks in advance

Hi Christian Martin,

Please note that users are only allowed to have one account under an email address. Having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's TOS. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the email address associated with your original account? Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
e4129e3e
Community Member

Hello, I am having the same issue as the original poster for this thread, my gmail that I had previously used for my upwork account says that it is not connected with an upwork account, so I create a new profile with a different email and doesn't allow me to recover the password. I haven't received any emails regarding this and I have checked my spam folder.
Any help would be appreciated

Hi Andres,

I'm sorry to hear this is happening to you. I've received your PM and will continue to assist you from there.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
682a14fc
Community Member

Hi! Can you help me restore my accounts on the Upwork, pls, cause i have error like: "That Google account is not recognized on Upwork". e-mail**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Stanislav,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
67594b8e
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I got the same issue. I can not login with my google account as it is not recognized, but I also can not register a new account with that gmail as it says the email is already associated with an account. 
please help me out.

Hi Fahim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
dd353513
Community Member

Hi Nikola, 

While signing up I am getting error "This email is already in use." and while logging in I am getting "oops, username is incorrect". 

Also receiving error "Google account f...n@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked"

Please help.

Thanks

Hi Shajia,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account in question?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Community Member

I'm also getting the same issue. I was mistakenly closed my account from setting.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Hi SD,

Your original account is now reopened and you can log in at any time. Once you have logged in to your account I would recommend to close your new one. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I can't login to upwork with my google account, I've just made a new account to ask a question. Can you help me?

Hi Super, 

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and assist you accordingly.

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
1f24ae8d
Community Member

Hi, I have the same problem. I am planning to re-open my account but it says
Google account c...g@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked. '
when signing up using the same email, it says 'Account already in use'

Someone please help.

Thank you.

Hi Christine,

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
1f24ae8d
Community Member

Hi Andrea, 
Thank you for your response. I will PM you. 

Hello, I have the same issue.

Accidentally created a client account, then deleted it and now I cannot use my main email to sign up or login anymore.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths